Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Vice President, Global Policy and Public Affairs (Vaccines and Hospital)
The Vice President, Global Policy and Public Affairs, is responsible for providing Corporate Affairs (CA) leadership for 2 business units; developing public policy initiatives and coordinating the execution of government relations, patient access and communications strategies that help shape the operating environment for multiple business units that together comprise over half of the revenue for Pfizer.
The Vice President will be both a player and a coach of highly performing team and will:
- Be accountable for mobilizing CA capabilities in support of business unit objectives.
- Serve on the business unit (BU) leadership teams and play a role in strategic decision making in setting the direction of the business units, offering counsel to the Regional Presidents and the Group Presidents.
- Embed external environmental assessments, policy objectives and stakeholder engagement into business unit strategic and operating plan development and execution.
- Work with BU leaders and CA teams to identify priority public policy, government affairs, and global public health/patient access opportunities to maximize value to the business unit.
- Ensure that the business unit business model and commercial objectives are reflected in prioritization of all CA functions.
- Proactively identify opportunities where corporate affairs initiatives advance business unit strategy, address issues, strengthen alignment and convey business unit mission, vision and priorities.
- Support the commercialization strategy of pandemic product portfolio
- Support launch readiness, including access and reimbursement strategies, in the US and IDM markets
- Deliver programs that achieve business goals for key audiences and stakeholders, tailored to geography.
- Coordinate with Corporate Affairs counterparts for business units, R&D, legal, commercial, Medical and within the corporate Centers of Excellence to ensure alignment across business unit initiatives and issues, as appropriate.
- Identify and anticipate potential issues; work with cross functional teams to effectively manage issues and update senior management
- Work with the Regional Presidents and geographic public affairs organizations, to ensure that strategies are refined and implemented, and that appropriate Pfizer in-market resources are mobilized to enable execution.
- Guide development of tools for in-market or field organizations to support implementation of public affairs and communications strategies.
- Coordinate with relevant public affairs and communications colleagues to align on priorities.
- Ensure that the needs of the brands are built into core product and above-brand strategies and planning.
- Ensure public affairs activities are in compliance with Pfizer’s policy and legal obligations.
- Develop and track appropriate business unit metrics to evaluate effectiveness of CA programs.
- Plan and manage a budget and operate within established guidelines.
This position requires the integration of government relations, policy, communications, global health and patient access, public affairs, and business expertise to develop effective strategies and implementation plans in support of business unit priorities.
- Minimum 20 years’ experience combined in public policy or government relations / legal affairs/ communications or media relations highly preferred.
- Strong experience working with government agencies including HHS/CDC (US).
- Experience in commercial operations and product launch is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of team leadership experience
- Experience in pharmaceutical / heath care industry knowledge is required.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Must have an established track record of coalition building in complex environments.
- Must have a superior ability to accomplish company goals in a matrix environment.
- Proven experience in implementing strategic and tactical plans.
- Hands-on crisis and reputation management experience.
- Strategic thinker, able to tackle complex issues and develop innovative solutions that result in winning partnerships.
- Demonstrated understanding of the business and the ability to translate business needs into strategic public affairs plans that advance the business unit and Company goals.
- Should be well organized, highly motivated, innovative and process driven with regards to problem solving and results oriented.
- Must be able to work 1) under pressure, 2) both independently and in a team environment, and 3) with all levels of the organization as well as government officials.
- Travel necessary (domestic and international) travel required: 30%
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Domestic and international travel required – 30%
Other Job Details:
- Location Information: East Coast (EST) locations preferred
- Eligible for Relocation Package
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Learn more here
Public Affairs & Communication
Job posted: 2022-06-19