Vice President, Government Affairs
- Maintain an established network of key external policymakers/influencers Congress, Agencies, industry, associations, and third-party entities to amplify Prudential’s advocacy efforts
- Leverage relationships to constructively and effectively advocate on behalf of the Company
- Collaborate with internal partners to drive a federal policy issue portfolio that enables effective and clear advocacy strategies across stakeholders
- Communicate in a timely manner with internal colleagues regarding legislative/regulatory/policy issue developments that may impact our businesses, corporate functions and/or customers to ensure an opportunity to influence outcomes
- Coordinate all efforts effectively with External Affairs peers in a high performing, collaborative team environment
- Manage outside lobbyists, trade association resources and political action committee contributions to achieve the Company’s legislative and regulatory goals
- A minimum of five to six years of relevant government affairs experience
- Expert familiarity with Capitol Hill and the legislative and federal regulatory process
- Demonstrated substantive policy experience in key financial services/insurance public policy issue areas. Policy experience in the areas of the use of innovative/emerging technology, data policy/security, privacy, and/or financial empowerment/inclusion/resiliency is a plus but not mandatory
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish rapport and credibility with key individuals and to build, maintain and leverage a broad network of contacts
- Have presence and an ability to effectively interact with business and corporate partners, senior executives, and leading public policy leaders with candor
- Must have a keen sense of meeting and interpersonal dynamics and ability to “read the room” and react/adjust according to audience
- Must be a strategic thinker/planner and creative problem solver with demonstrated ability to conceive and execute plans/proposals
- Superior leadership skills, with the ability to drive initiatives across internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated strong persuasion and negotiating skills
- Superior analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong commitment to teamwork with proven ability to work collaboratively across team, departmental and industry “boundaries”
- Proven ability to drive an agenda to achieve successful policy outcomes that support business and corporate goals
- Strong organizational skills. Able to manage multiple long and short- term projects with overlapping deadlines
- Highly self-motivated work ethic, must demonstrate sound judgement, trustworthiness, initiative, and an ability to manage multiple issues with a sense of urgency
- Undergraduate degree required and some post-graduate work desired
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email email@example.com.
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-12