Vice President, Government Affairs, East
Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
The Vice President, State Government Affairs will be responsible for leading and managing the east region government affairs department. The Vice President will ensure that the Invenergy’s business interests are represented and defended at the state legislative and executive levels. The Vice President will manage a team of government affairs professionals as well as the third-party lobbyists and consultants. The Vice President will report to the Senior Vice President of Government Affairs and will work collaboratively with the regional leaders of the Business Development, Asset Management, Regulatory Affairs, Origination and Communications departments.
- Provide senior management with strategic assessments of evolving state policies and propose engagement strategies and tactics.
- Provide daily or weekly written and verbal updates on pending state legislation, as needed.
- Engage state legislative and executive branch principals and support staff directly to promote Invenergy priorities.
- Develop and execute proactive state legislative strategies to create a renewables-friendly environment.
- Provide daily oversight and management of the east region government affairs team activities.
- Develop and grow the state government affairs department.
- Maintain state policy priorities and positions.
- Prepare annual budgets and manage actual expenditures.
- Identify, screen, hire and manage third-party lobbyists and consultants.
- Maintain a strong peer network of other clean energy government affairs professionals.
- Develop and execute advocacy campaigns through coalitions of peer companies, business associations and other relevant organizations.
- Provide state trade association leadership, as necessary.
- 10-15 years combined experience in state government affairs activities (private and/or public sector).
- Career must demonstrate a clear progression in energy policy expertise and management experience.
- Must have a deep understanding of clean energy policies throughout the east region.
- Must be able to work both sides of the aisle.
- Demonstrated ability to build diverse coalitions and pass energy legislation.
- Experience managing more than ten individuals.
- Must possess a deep network of state policy makers, senior staff, lobbyists, consultants, etc.
- Prior experience working for a governor, state attorney general or legislative leader is a plus.
- Prior experience in the electricity sector is preferred.
- Must be familiar with campaign finance and lobbying laws.
- Master’s degree is required, preferably in business, public policy, political science, energy policy, or law.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, Dynamics CRM.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to travel extensively throughout the East region.
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improved business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-22