Vice President – Government Contracts Manager
FleishmanHillard, a global communications agency, is seeking a Government Contracts Manager with experience in managing various types of government contracts, including cost reimbursement contracts and GSA Schedule contracts, to join our Washington, DC office. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Government Contracts Manager to manage a large, and active, and important DOD subcontract, renew and administer a GSA Schedule contract, and lead the government contracts program for FleishmanHillard.
At FleishmanHillard, we embrace challenges, think boldly, trust each other, and harness our talented worldwide network to provide the best in–class counsel to our roster of remarkable global clients. Are you ready to join the team?
We recognize that diversity, equity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Manage government contracts registration, certification, and reporting requirements, including SAM and small business subcontracting reporting.
- Manage a large DOD IDIQ subcontract, that includes cost reimbursement task orders.
- Manage effective communications between FleishmanHillard and prime contractor, and FleishmanHillard and government.
- Work closely with financial team for financial reporting, contract pricing, and in responding to audits.
- Collaborate with company internal and external legal advisors, including identifying and updating them on legal and compliance matters.
- Work with program personnel to develop contracts, SOWs, respond to RFQs for task orders, and to negotiate and execute contracting documents, and to ensure contract compliance.
- Review RFQs awarded task orders for compliance with DOD subcontract and applicable regulations.
- Ensure compliance with all subcontract and task order reporting requirements by advising and coordinating with program personnel.
- Advise and support subcontract financial manager to ensure financial, cost accounting, and invoicing procedures compliant with DOD subcontract.
- Negotiate, draft, and manage lower tier subcontracts and vendor agreements, including ensuring compliant lower-tier subcontract award, terms, management, performance, and reporting.
- Report to company management on performance, including task order obligations, invoices and payment status, budget and cost to complete, and deliverable schedule and status.
- Advise and train colleagues on government contractual and regulatory requirements and ethics.
- Manage and prepare proposal submission and negotiation for GSA Schedule Contract.
- Expand contract management procedures and function to grow the government contracts business.
- Collaborate with business development colleagues to select and pursue new government contract business opportunities.
- Enhance quality of responses to government solicitations and subcontracting opportunities.
- Improve, streamline, and enhance the review, drafting and negotiation of customer and vendor agreements, including non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, and product and/or service agreements.
- Assist other Omnicom Public Relations Group agencies in developing their government contracts administration function.
- 8-10 years of experience successfully managing government contracts, including cost reimbursement contracts. Experience with CAS-covered contracts, cost-plus or IDIQ, DoD contracts, and GSA contracts preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in contract management, business administration or related field. Government contracts certifications (CPCM, CFCM) preferred.
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a US Government security clearance.
- Extensive experience with government contracts “common body-of-knowledge” (i.e., FAR, DFARS, TINA).
- Up-to-date knowledge and depth in government contracts compliance and ethics requirements.
- Proven experience with government procurement processes from proposal preparation, through bid process, protest and claims, contract award, and administration to final close-out.
- Experience in subcontract negotiation and management.
- Proficiency in government contracts registration, certification, and reporting requirements, including SAM and small business subcontracting reporting.
- Demonstrated results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients and FH team members.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Prior successful collaboration with program managers and business executives in a rapidly changing business and legal environment
- Highly evolved interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate diplomatically and effectively, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
FleishmanHillard is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Our award-winning agency specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, research and analytics, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We’ve been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; the Human Rights Campaign’s “ Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality; and NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for a decade. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, with a longstanding worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com
FleishmanHillard is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, alienage, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local laws.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered. If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Job posted: 2020-09-29