Vice President Government & Public Affairs -Data & Tech
The VP GPA is a newly created role within Moody’s GPA team, located in the United States (preferably in New York, Washington DC), reporting to the MD GPA New Products & New Markets.
- The VP will have responsibility for public policy engagement and support the firm’s GPA initiatives on Data and Technology policy and market development issues relevant to Moody’s Corporation. In this role, the VP will work closely with the MD GPA but also together with our team members within the United States and globally to strategically develop, pursue and execute policy analysis and advocacy objectives for the company.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Horizon scanning and monitoring of relevant policy developments (with a focus on Data and Technology, including cyber, infrastructure, Artificial Intelligence /Machine Learning, crypto assets, data privacy and related issues), including legislative and regulatory proposals, or political focus. Attending and writing up public policy events.
- Providing insights and business impact analysis of these developments; assist in coordinating various submission and consultation responses either directly on behalf of Moody’s or in concert with industry bodies.
- Supporting the advocacy and engagement strategy at US federal and if needed, at state level
- Developing and executing stakeholder engagement programmes, including identifying and building relationships with policy makers and legislators; and trade & industry bodies
- Producing accessible and effective written briefings on often complex topics for internal and external audiences
- Representing Moody’s at external meetings with political, public affairs and industry stakeholders
- Proactively identifying public affairs opportunities to engage with external stakeholders
- Support a robust communication program working with colleagues in relevant other business units as well as IT, Finance, Communications, Legal and Compliance
- Support research and publications on policy developments for Moody’s different business units either as a sole author or part of a broader team
- Support development of Moody’s Strategic Plan and other efforts, for example on new products as needed
- 7-10 years of experience in government relations and public affairs either in-house, within consultancies or trade/industry bodies
- Strong academic background – Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, Finance, Economics, Political Science (or related discipline)
- Knowledge of policy initiatives in Data and Technology
- Model Moody’s core values: Principled, Inclusive, Collaborative, Forward-Thinking, Rigorous
- Excellent executive-style communications and presentation skills – visual/written/verbal
- Results/action-orientation, excellent execution skills
- Robust analytical skills
- Organizational and political agility; strong negotiation skills
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, inclusion and trust
- Able to successfully navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to get things done collegially and efficiently
Moody’s Government & Public Affairs (GPA) is a diverse, global and strategic function reporting directly to the CEO, deploying expertise on government relations, public policy and regulatory analysis and geopolitical issues to inform Moody’s Corporation (MCO)strategy, commercial activities and risk management across existing business but also new products and markets.
GPA has two specialist teams working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders across these objectives.
The Government & Public Affairs team focuses on leading policy and political impact analysis and strategic stakeholder engagement for MCO, Moody’s Investor Services (MIS) and Moody’s Analytics (MA). GPA has specific subject matter expertise on financial services, data & technology, ESG and geopolitical risk.
The Regulatory Affairs team focuses on fortifying the core Moody’s Investors Service (MIS) credit rating agency business and defending the regulatory perimeter, ensuring the requisite level of expertise and focus on CRA regulatory developments and strong support for MIS in the markets we operate in.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-17