Vice President – Government Relations
Vice President – Government Relations
4A’s – American Association of Advertising Agencies
The 4A’s VP of Government Relations reports to the EVP, Government Relations and is based in Washington, DC. The VP is a representative on behalf of 4A’s, its leadership and membership to the US Congress, the federal regulatory agencies and the 50 state governments. This individual represents the interests and concerns of the advertising agency community before legislators, policy makers, standards bodies and the marketplace.
The VP manages public policy and industry advocacy on issues that include children’s advertising, food & beverage marketing, data privacy and security, anti-piracy initiatives, labor policy, the tax treatment of advertising, and the protection of intellectual property and commercial free speech, among other issues. The role also involves coordination of efforts with peer organizations including but not limited to the Association of National Advertisers (ANA), the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB), the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), etc. The VP will also interact with regional boards and councils as well as represent the 4A’s in industry coalitions.
Core responsibilities and tasks include:
- Develop and implement advocacy programs on Federal and state policy issues that impact advertising
- Interface regularly with members of Congress, committees, regulatory agencies, their staff and advisors
- Track and manage state-level issues of concern and interface with governors offices, state legislators and state attorneys general
- Advise 4A’s membership services team and coordinate with regional SVPs on relevant state and federal developments
- Respond to inquiries from 4A’s members on advertising law and policy matters
- Organize grassroots efforts among local member communities in response to state and federal business concerns
- Brief 4A’s executives and working committees as well as 4A’s member agencies on Washington issues
- Participate in industry standards and self-regulatory bodies
The ideal candidate will:
- Bring a strong familiarity with the current technology landscape.
- Have familiarity with the advertising industry (preferred, but not required).
- Have experience with Committees including House Education And Labor, and/or Senate Health, Education, Labor & Pensions.
- Have experience with the Department of Labor.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Strong ability to pivot priorities quickly and meet deadlines.
- Have at least 5-7 years of relevant experience.
Where We Work:
- Great team with strong mission and energy
- Summer Fridays
- Week off between Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Enviable work/life integration
- Volunteer Days
What We Do:
The 4A’s mission is to promote, advance, and defend the essential work of our member agencies to help brands create, distribute and measure advertising and marketing. As the industry leader for marketing communications agencies, the 4A’s empowers members to deliver insightful creativity that drives commerce and influences culture as we move the industry forward.
The 4A’s provides community, leadership, advocacy, guidance and best-in-class training that empower agencies to innovate, evolve and grow. The New York-based organization serves 600+ member agencies across 1,200 offices, which control more than 85% of total U.S. advertising spend.
Founded in 1917, the 4A’s is committed to protecting the best interests of its members, their employees and the industry at large. Its benefit division insures more than 170,000 employees and its DC office advocates for policies that best support a thriving advertising industry.
The 4A’s and its foundation fuel a robust diversity pipeline of talent for its members and the marketing and media industry, fostering the next generation of leaders.
4A’s is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic .
To apply, send resume to email@example.com
Job posted: 2021-02-10