Vice President, Government Relations
The International Foodservice Distributors Association (IFDA) seeks a highly-engaged, inspirational and results oriented leader as their Vice President of Government Relations. The position is responsible for leading the association’s legislative and regulatory advocacy efforts, grassroots initiatives and Political Action Committee activities for the $303 billion foodservice distribution industry. IFDA’s Vice President, Government Relations works with Congress and the regulatory agencies to advance legislative and regulatory policies that result in favorable business policies for the foodservice distribution industry. The VP formulates effective strategies to advance IFDA’s goals, leads and participates in issue-specific business lobbying coalitions, maintains constructive relationships with federal officials and allied trade associations, keeps IFDA members informed and engages IFDA members to advance the associations legislative and regulatory priorities. The VP supervises the Manager, Government Relations and Member Engagement. Periodic travel is required.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with outside counsel/consultants/lobbyists to proactively impact association goals on food safety, tax, transportation, workforce and other issues as necessary
- Write and submit comments on federal regulatory proposals
- Plan and execute The Washington Insight and Advocacy Conference
- Staff lead for IFDA’s Food Safety and Security Committee, Government Relations Committee, Human Resources Committee, Legal Committee and Policy Work Group
- Maintain close contact with IFDA member company executives to gain an understanding of the impact of proposed legislation and regulations on their companies
- Coordinate with IFDA’s marketing and communication department to create messaging and ensure IFDA’s advocacy positions reach intended media including video, print, digital and social media channels
- Develop materials in support of IFDA’s government relations priorities (i.e. talking points, issue summaries, fact sheets, letters, etc.)
- Work to continuously increase fundraising and political contributions for IFDAPAC and attend fundraising events
- Develop and manage the government relations budget
Knowledge, Skills and Education/Experience Required
- Experience managing a successful federal government relations program that includes coordination of internal staff and external consultants
- A deep understanding of the legislative and regulatory process and its impact on tax, workforce, transportation and food safety
- Experience working with both House and Senate offices and their staffs
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Self-starter with an ability to function independently
- Able to diplomatically and collaboratively work both inside and outside the organization in order to accomplish the Association’s objectives
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 15 years Capitol Hill and/or trade association experience
This position reports the IFDA’s President & CEO. IFDA offers highly competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package, 401(k) and profit sharing. We are located in the Tysons Corner area and have a dedicated staff of 18 working in a professional environment.
To be considered for this position please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. A full position description is available upon request. No phone calls please.
Visit www.ifdaonline.org for more information about IFDA.
IFDA is the premier trade organization representing the $303 billion foodservice distribution industry and the 350,000 people it employs. This industry ensures a safe and efficient supply of food and products to more than one million restaurants and foodservice outlets in the U.S. every day. For more information, visit www.ifdaonline.org.
Job posted: 2021-02-23