Vice President, Healthcare Public Relations
In a world of exponential change, BCW is a creative business that solves complex problems by #Moving In a world of exponential change, BCW is a creative business that solves complex problems by #Moving People. This starts with our people.
Our core belief is that the growth of our people fuels the growth of our clients, which powers the growth of our agency. So, across our global BCW team, we share a common practice: cultivating an open, curious mindset that is committed to learning.
We know we learn best when Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (I.D.E.A.) are embedded into everything we do for our people, agency, clients and communities we serve. We wholly believe that creating truly inclusive and innovative solutions by growing talent that mirrors the marketplace is critical to our success. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from talent across all dimensions of race/ethnicity, LGBTQ, differently abled and veteran status to come and grow with us.
At BCW, we move and we grow. We create, contribute and challenge, but we don’t conform. Instead, we transform.
We are looking for a Vice President to join our Healthcare team in NYC. This person will be leading account activities at a strategic level for one of our marquee accounts, and the work involves patient advocacy, unbranded work, US and Global, digital/social – it is a dream role!
You will oversee all account activities (traditional, digital, branded, unbranded, etc.) and ensure the overall strategic vision, and tactical execution, is in line with the client’s objectives. You will be a leader in our business with an expectation to manage all client communication, key internal stakeholders and a junior team of high performers. This is an opportunity to take on a true leadership role and have an impact in our leading Healthcare practice.
When you ask people about their motivation for working in the healthcare industry, you will get essentially the same answer: to improve and save people’s lives.
Within the BCW Health Solution, we’d add our motivation is driven by the intrinsic challenge of combining art with science, data with insights and influence with impact.
Ultimately, we move minds and change behavior to improve people’s lives.
Our clients tackle global healthcare challenges from the most severe to the most common. We help brands and companies connect powerfully with their audiences’ heads and hearts. By being ready to communicate in unconventional ways, we challenge conventional thinking, which triggers lasting change for good.
What you’ll do as you move with us:
- Partner directly with an SVP to develop strategic planning for our clients and the team itself
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with our clients by providing strategic counsel and a mastery of all aspects of client management
- Help to further develop our healthcare offering, capabilities and growth trajectory
- Own the brainstorm process; see the need, lead the brainstorm, and begin to identify other team members who have the potential of becoming good brainstorm facilitators
- Flesh out ideas as they relate to client objectives and learn how to bring them to life in presentations and written proposals
- Showcase a command of both digital and traditional communication practices and strategies
- Lead and mentor junior team members to foster a culture of high performance
Experience that contributes to your success:
- 9+ years of Public Relations agency experience with a focus in the healthcare / pharmaceutical space
- Impeccable client relationship skills and experience working with high touch clients
- Experience managing large programs from start to finish
- Experience managing large budgets and working with vendors, managing out-of-pocket budgets
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills along with strong attention to detail
- Experience working in and contributing to an inclusive and collaborative environment
- Ability to push the envelope and think outside of the box
More about BCW:
BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe), one of the world’s largest full-service global communications and public relations agencies, is in the business of moving people on behalf of clients. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), a creative transformation company.
To act. To inspire. To change. We take an analytical approach to obsess over every detail, then add real emotion and creativity to connect with people’s lives and their communities. We’re #MovingPeople – join us.
BCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MF/Disability/Vet, and we are proud of our diverse workforce.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-18