Vice President, Industry and Public Policy
Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (“ADMI”) is the nation’s leading dental support organization (DSO), providing business support services to more than 830 independent dental practices providing services to patients in Aspen Dental offices across 42 states, and growing! We are a high-energy team, passionate about empowering dentists and dental care teams to provide timely, quality care to those in need throughout the United States.
ADMI is seeking a motivated and experienced industry and government relations professional to lead the company’s public policy, industry and government engagement, and regulatory affairs efforts in the newly-created position of Vice President, Industry and Public Policy. The position will be based out of ADMI’s executive offices in Chicago, Illinois, will report to the company’s Chief Legal Officer, and will enjoy a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
The successful candidate will contribute to the success of the organization by designing and implementing strategies to advance a full range of public policy, industry, governmental, and regulatory issues and interests, establishing and cultivating a broad range of external relationships, working in close partnership with senior business and leaders, as well as representing the company’s interests with policymakers, industry leaders, and influencers.
In this key position, you will…
- Establish and maintain relationships with key industry, community, regulatory agency, and government stakeholders; design and implement advocacy strategies;
- Take a lead role in representing the company and its supported practices in crafting and influencing industry organization priorities, messaging, and outreach;
- Work with senior leadership to create consistent and cohesive policy positions on a host of issues affecting the company’s business operations and supported independent dental practices;
- Respond to inquiries from local and state governmental officials, regulatory agencies, industry groups, and community leaders, as needed;
- Develop and maintain internal relationships with functional and operational teams;
- Work together with internal teams on outreach events, public affairs opportunities, and other engagement opportunities;
- Aid the business in compliance with regulatory issues; and
- Execute against strategic goals and policy priorities.
Minimum Education and Experience
We’d love to hear from you if you have…
- A bachelor’s degree, preferred in political science, public policy, communications or related field;
- At least 6+ years diversified experience in industry and public policy, preferably in a role involving policymakers at all levels of government and industry, nationally and across multiple states;
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication and analytical skills, including demonstrated ability to interact effectively with senior executives and public officials;
- Ability to give clear, independent and timely advice and information;
- Knowledge and experience working with company leaders, policymakers, regulatory agencies, industry advocacy groups, and other influencers on policy matters;
- An ability to work well independently and as part of a senior team;
- Superior motivation with excellent judgment and high integrity.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-29