Vice President, Industry & Strategic Relations
Please email a résumé, three references, and a cover letter explaining why you believe you would be a
good fit for this position to HR@connectednation.org. Compensation range is between $105,000 –
$115,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Connected Nation is an equal
The Vice President, Industry & Strategic Relations is responsible for cultivating and strengthening
strategic relationships with key public and private sector stakeholders across the organization’s
footprint, including state and community leaders and broadband service providers—with the goals of
furthering CN’s mission, advancing programmatic objectives and innovations, and capturing new
opportunities that contribute to the sustainability of the organization. This position will work closely
with other internal team members to ensure a coordinated approach to these stakeholders and their
respective areas of interest. The Vice President, Industry & Strategic Relations is chiefly responsible
for state and national broadband service provider relations, including the establishment of strategic
partnerships with trade associations and individual companies, and the collection of service availability
data in support of the organization’s mapping and data validation activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides analysis and recommendations for Connected Nation’s strategic partnerships and
works closely with CN executives to develop a strategic vision for CN partnerships and
• Is accountable for the daily maintenance of strategic provider relationships and other
• Develops, retains, and grows strategic relationships by investing significant time in
understanding the goals and needs of various government entities, private sector companies,
• Provides proactive research and resolution of provider concerns across CN’s programs,
supporting the team to provide a high level of service and coordination.
• Identifies new partnership opportunities with national provider and/or other industry trade
associations and individual companies.
• Develops and maintains specific programs as designated by CN executives.
• Is responsible for maintaining client relationships and meeting program deliverables when
• Leads planning activities that translate business strategy into action by working with crossfunctional team members to inform and influence decision-making.
• Performs other duties as may be assigned, as these responsibilities are not all inclusive
• Bachelor’s degree in a related disciple (such as business, communication, or management).
Master’s degree is preferred.
• Must have fifteen years’ experience in a professional setting and be skilled in managing
programs and client relations.
• Telecommunications/broadband industry experience is strongly preferred.
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers, and analyzes information skillfully
and maintains confidentiality.
• Possesses a high level of social intelligence and superior interpersonal skills to handle sensitive
and confidential situations; position continually requires extroverted demeanor and
demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
• Experience working with and leading diverse teams and a variety of stakeholders, and in
executing strategies to deliver exceptional solutions.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills; must be able to interact and communicate
with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
• Strong work ethic, achievement oriented, ethical and motivated beyond personal interests.
• Open leadership style. Actively seeks out and supports collaborative thinking and problem
solving with others in the organization.
• Possesses a high level of strategic vision and thinking. Ability to position the organization for
the future, looking beyond the present situation to conceptualize key trends and identify
• Creative, innovative and “out-of-the-box” thinking skills.
• An extremely organized, disciplined, self-directed, hands-on and process-oriented individual
who is not afraid of digging into details when necessary.
• Cultivates strong and collaborative working relationships with clients and staff, while having the
ability to handle sensitive and confidential datasets.
• Unquestioned personal and professional integrity with assertiveness, presence and
• High level of commitment to team and company values.
• Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills to effectively work with people of all levels.
• Ability to meet travel requirements, which may be extensive.
• Valid state driver’s license.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to sit at a desk for one or more hours at a time.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 10 lbs.
• Ability to operate computer and equipment in the office.
• Must have sufficient mobility to move around the office and the community.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position.
Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person
authorized to give instructions or assignments. A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the
performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible
modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills,
aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to
the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This
document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Job posted: 2021-02-24