Help write the history of UnitedHealth Group as a part of External Affairs while healing the health care system and improving the lives of others. Bring along your passion and do your life’s best work.(sm)
They will engage with internal subject matter leads across the Enterprise and collaborate with colleagues in communications, marketing, research, public affairs, and other functions to ensure coordinated engagement on digital health policy issues.
- The handling of various legislative proposals at the State and Federal levels
- Partner with subject matter policy experts across health care issues in Government health care programs and in multi-sector information custodianship issues
- Engage with health policy thought leaders and coalitions for proactive positioning around our key priorities
- Draft testimony, official correspondence, advocacy content, thought leadership collateral, speeches, presentations, and other materials for external and internal efforts
- Lead and manage internal working groups, including deployment of comprehensive strategies and tactics, to achieve UnitedHealth Group’s policy and advocacy priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, listens attentively, and builds rapport and trust
- Industry-wide perspective across the health care secto
- Strong understanding of external digital health, interoperability, privacy, security, telemedicine, and artificial intelligence policy trends, activities, and environmental dynamics
- Superior oral and written communication skills with the ability to persuasively communicate complex concepts and programs at the highest levels of business and Government
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships while enhancing the company’s positions
- Executive presence, dynamic professional style and the ability to inspire confidence in senior management and those outside the company
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to gather, assess, and synthesize information from various sources
- The ability to manage stress and work on multiple tasks and prepare graphics and presentations in a fast paced environment
- Organized, resourceful, plan-orientated, solutions-focused, anticipates needs, foresees and overcomes obstacles
- Bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree in Public Health, Health Policy, Public Administration, Law, Medicine and/or related work is preferred
- 10+ years of policy experience in health care, with specific expertise in health policy issues.
- A successful record of being a leader in environments such as in State Capitols, on relevant committees on Capitol Hill, in the Administration, a Department and/ or in a relevant Agency, or in-house with a corporation, consulting firm, or leading industry association
- Deep understanding of how policy is developed at the Federal and State levels of Government, including legislative and regulatory processes
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you’re empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-17