Vice President, Innovation Policy
Want to work for a great Organization? The American Bankers Association is the banking industry’s champion. Joining ABA makes you part of a team that: • has Extraordinary People – ABA experts are the “go to” sources for bankers, policy makers and the media for credible information and insights for the banking industry. • has Unmatched Scope and Scale – ABA’s unparalleled information and services keep members current, knowledgeable and prepared. • is Impact-Driven – ABA has a proven record of bringing about positive change for our members and the industry. We take action and achieve results. Plus competitive pay, an outstanding benefits package, a convenient DC location, a professional collegial work environment and an opportunity to work on issues of national significance equals a winning combination!
ABA is seeking a Vice President of Innovation Policy that will support ABA’s new Office of Innovation. This will be a critical role in ABA’s efforts to give banks the tools to innovate and ensure that they have a policy environment that supports innovation.
The Vice President of Innovation Policy will be responsible for leading ABA’s advocacy initiatives on innovation related issues. This person will provide analysis on regulatory and legislative developments, work with banks to identify policies that can promote responsible innovation in banking, and work across ABA to develop and manage advocacy campaigns to promote these policies.
- Identify policy priorities: Provide analysis of regulatory and legislative developments and work with ABA member banks to identify policies that can help facilitate responsible innovation.
- Develop overall engagement strategy to advocate for policy priorities: Work across ABA to build holistic engagement strategy that leverages the breadth of ABA’s resources to engage with policymakers on fintech and innovation issues such as AI, data access, crypto, and pilot programs.
- Lead issue-based advocacy teams: Lead ad hoc cross-divisional teams to execute advocacy strategies.
- Build relationships: Engage with offices of innovation setup by policymakers and regulators.
- Collaborate with business team: Closely coordinate work with business units to ensure alignment with overall organizational goals.
- Author thought leadership pieces: Author educational pieces to help policymakers better understand the policy questions raised by new technologies.
- Comment Letters/Testimony: Articulate ABA position by commenting on current or proposed legislation, policies, or regulations.
A minimum 10 years’ experience in bank issues and fintech.
- JD or advanced degree in related field.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas through speech, writing and presentations.
- Self-driven individual.
- Attention to detail.
- Team oriented mind-set.
Job posted: 2020-11-21