Vice President, Internal Communications
The Vice President, Internal Communications leads strategy, planning and execution of GTIs internal communications to engage employees, ensure alignment to GTIs business strategies, and enhance the organization’s standing as a trusted and leading operator and employer in this new and evolving cannabis industry. This role will collaborate with the CEO and senior business leaders to create a robust, transparent approach to internal communications that fosters information sharing, collaboration, and trust. Finally, the successful candidate will have a strong grasp of storytelling that can engage and energize stakeholders and support the company’s mission, values, and business objectives.
- Lead the development and implementation of an internal communications strategy and tools that reinforce the company’s mission and values, broadens awareness of its priorities, and increases visibility of Green Thumb’s corporate programs across relevant internal audiences.
- Partner with CEO and other Senior Leaders to ensure that we are creating consistent and compelling communications and that strategies are created and executed.
- Operate as a publicist to the CEO and proactively lead targeted communications, including executive messages, talking points, strategic business updates, people-related communications, organization announcements, as well as other timely business messages.
- Partner with Senior Leaders to ensure that positions on key issues and initiatives impacting the company, including in the areas of public health and safety, social equity, community engagement and economic development, as well as other topics are aligned to promote, protect, and enhance the organization as a whole.
- Promote Green Thumb as a great place to work and employer of choice through communications/content highlighting recognition and company culture, in partnership with People team leadership.
- Lead the development and execution of multi-media content across employee communication channels that builds culture and increases employee satisfaction, engagement, and retention, including GTIs Intranet “ShareJoint.”
- Develop and organize key employee and senior leadership meetings and events, including town halls, off sites, small group sessions and site visits.
- Manage and guide the work of other communications professionals to ensure alignment of activities and individual growth and development.
- 10+ years of experience in corporate, executive communications; public company preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Communications or related field preferred
- Ability to build cross functional relationship and interact successfully at all levels of the company
- Experience with a variety of communication channels, including social media
- Critical thinker with superb writing, editing and presentation skills
- Proven track record of building and implementing a successful internal communication strategy
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Possesses a strong sense of urgency and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Adaptive problem solver who effectively navigates change and ambiguity; decides and acts without having the picture totally defined; appropriately changes strategy in response to new information
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-29