Vice President – Internal Communications
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opportunity for a Vice President to join our Talent + Transformation employee communications team at the firm’s global headquarters in St. Louis, Mo. The Vice President will be responsible for supporting client accounts focused on a variety of internal issues, with an emphasis on corporate and employee communications. This person will contribute to the overall growth of the internal communications capability by providing excellent account management and client service, building strong relationships, mentoring junior staff, and supporting senior team members.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
The ideal candidate will work with senior members of the team to manage and execute integrated communications programs focused on a variety of internal issues, including change management, M&A/integrations, business transformations, employee engagement, HR communications, values-based communications, internal branding and reorganizations.
The Vice President will serve as a day-to-day contact for clients, and manage junior team members on program execution.
In addition to developing and managing budgets and plans and executing day-to-day deliverables, the Vice President will manage projects and clients, and pursue new business by contributing to proposals and opportunities.
The Vice President will also manage requests for ongoing writing, editing and design work in support of employee communications, working closely with FH’s writing and creative services groups.
The successful candidate must be results-oriented, have a strong background developing and executing corporate reputation programs, with a thorough command of best practices in internal communications. Additionally, candidates should have:
- 7-10 years of corporate communications experience, with an emphasis on employee and internal communications. Agency experience is preferred and in-house experience, particularly with large, global brands, is a plus.
- Background developing and implementing a variety of employee and internal communications programs, including change management, employee engagement, internal branding, and mergers and acquisitions and reorganizations.
- The ability to develop and generate support for strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative tactics and use a variety of communication channels, including digital, print publications and brochures, executive memos, face-to-face meeting scripts/talking points, special events, video, and FAQ.
- Proven expertise managing projects with multiple work streams, applying situational thinking and utilizing team resources effectively to deliver on program objectives. This should include the ability to manage teams of writers, designers and subject matter experts.
- A strong understanding of corporate digital communications and social media.
- Experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively, both internally and externally.
- Expertise in issues management, including the ability to provide clear counsel and to implement clear messages within an urgent timetable.
- Excellent writing and editing skills that reflect 1) an ability to clarify and simplify complicated issues and technical subject matter, and 2) versatility in tone and technique depending on the author and/or audience. (Knowledge of AP style is a must.)
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, English, marketing, business or related field.
- A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
FleishmanHillard is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Our award-winning agency specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, research and analytics, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We’ve been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; the Human Rights Campaign’s “ Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality; and NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for a decade. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, with a longstanding worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com
FleishmanHillard is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, alienage, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local laws.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered. If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-29