Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Vice President of International Communications
The Vice President of International Communications will manage UPS’s external, employee engagement and social communications efforts to advance storytelling, promote and protect reputation and build brand relevance to position UPS as a purpose driven company to critical stakeholder groups including customers, employees, influencers, policymakers, investors, consumers, media and others. The ideal candidate demonstrates experience developing integrated and strategic communications programs that span media relations, employee communications, executive visibility, financial and business communications, digital and social media.
This leader is a hands-on, senior communications professional with exceptional writing, media relations and social media capabilities. S/he will oversee media relations, storytelling, employee engagement and work with high-level executives. This role will report to the President, International, Executive and Policy Communications and manage a team of communications professionals across Europe, APAC, LATAM, Canada and ISMEA. The candidate will work cross-functionally with other departments and collaborate with other members of UPS’s Global Corporate Communications team to develop strategy and execute a range of activities. The role is ideally based in Belgium (Brussels) and will require travel.
What you will need
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field is required
- Minimum 10 years experience in a senior management role either in-house or with an agency
- Demonstrated skill in proactively building relationships with top tier reporters and editors, and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management; Solid writing and editing experience
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing an integrated strategic communications, media relations, employee engagement and social media to advance the company’s mission and goals
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of international communicators
- Team player with excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Detail oriented, excellent organization and time management skills; ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Results-oriented with the ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact global and regional initiatives
How we recruit:
UPS is committed to a policy of treating individuals fairly and recruiting, selecting, training, promoting and compensating based on merit, experience and other work-related criteria. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, race, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
A bit about a big business
Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today, UPS is a global company with one of the most recognised and admired brands in the world. We have become the world’s largest package delivery company and a leading global provider of specialised transportation and logistics services. Every day, we manage the flow of goods, funds, and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
Job posted: 2022-01-01