Vice President, Marketing and Communications
Position Title: Vice President, Marketing and Communications
Reports To: Chief Business Officer
Status: Full Time, Exempt
The VP of Marketing and Communications will work closely with leaders throughout the organization to drive the creation of strategic public sector focused messages and communications including marketing collateral, web marketing and other marketing and communications related messaging and materials. They will be responsible for creating content (with our PR agency) as well as material with messaging focused on the public sector market (e.g. Op-Eds, white papers, newsletters, blogs, etc.). The audience of this content will include public sector clinics as well as address the unique needs of the population they serve.
The VP of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for the creation of powerful positioning statements and integrated communications programs designed to increase awareness and uptake in the public sector including website, social media, advertising, email marketing, SEO (search engine optimization), SMO(social media optimization), print, and other communications. An important element of the communication programs the VP leads will be understanding and addressing the public sector sexual and reproductive health gaps and issues in education, awareness, reproductive justice and advocacy.
The VP of Marketing and Communications leads the functions of marketing, product & corporate communications, consumer education and promotional medical education. This individual works closely with the Executive Leadership Team, which is responsible for setting short and long-term corporate strategy. Additionally, the VP is the primary point of contact with external collaborators and advocacy groups to execute the corporate communications strategy. This individual leads a team of professionals to deliver results that support the corporate goals. They will develop the department, set goals, establish efficient and effective processes. They ensure on-time and quality completion of projects, through a collaborative cross-functional effort with internal staff, consultants, commercial partners and the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Communication Strategy and Execution: In partnership with executive leadership, set the corporate brand strategy, including developing creative and impactful organizational communication plans in conjunction with Medicines360’s staff and consultants. Understanding the demographics, needs and most-pressing issues facing the public sexual and reproductive health sector is a critical input to the corporate marketing and communications strategies. Responsible for effective execution and delivery of communications plans. Lead internal and external communications, ensuring alignment with the corporate message platform and integration across all channels. Lead Medicines360 in a disciplined manner into channels, such as website, social media and digital platforms. Leverage the communication strategy to build our corporate image with key public sector stakeholders including providers, the RH community, societies, advocacy groups and women. Produce and manage multi-channel communications spanning media (online and print), social media, Medicines360 events, annual conferences, advertising, and Medicines360 branded collateral (including brochures and videos). Responsible for company Web sites. Provide senior oversight of the external communications agency.
• Marketing Leader: Lead the marketing and communications team responsible for corporate promotion (e.g., website, media and educational programs) as well as product marketing and promotional activities (e.g., conferences, product-specific collateral). Set the product marketing strategy and ensure all elements of the marketing plan are executed to support corporate objectives. With a deep understanding of the public health market, build innovative programs and solutions to create provider and patient access to M360 products including but not limited to field collateral, provider tools and education, conferences, patient education, advertising, pricing and alliances with external organizations. Responsible for coordination of product marketing activities with marketing partners.
• Budgeting: Oversee the development and management of marketing and communications budgets.
• Performance Measurement: Develop and maintain a performance tracking system to ensure communications strategies and marketing programs are achieving goals.
• Executive Leadership Team Interface: Works with the ELT to develop, update and execute the Medicines360 corporate strategy.
• Other Duties: Understand print vendor processes and produce print-ready files for production through multiple vendors. Design and specify creative detail including layout, typography and photography and/or web functionality, when appropriate. Utilize advanced-level editorial, grammatical, and writing skills to ensure all written deliverables follow and demonstrate tactical, strategic, and financial understanding of the public sector. Working collaboratively, support Medicines360 public sector access efforts by drafting original, creative, and persuasive messaging for a variety of audiences. Develop design approaches, resulting in strong aesthetic appeal within the brand parameters or an innovative, eye-catching approach. Lead development of a powerful corporate image.
• A minimum of 15 years of experience working in a communications & marketing environment or equivalent agency (experience in non-profit or government-funded organization a preference).
• Personal commitment to Medicines360’s mission and vision
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in English, Journalism or a Communications-related field.
• Proven successful experience working with the U.S. press/media
• Requires superior interpersonal skills which are needed to: interact effectively internally and externally with the public, media, social media, politically (hot topics related to women’s health) and the reproductive community
• Relevant print, web, event and news media channel expertise & experience
• Understand the political and ethical issues Medicines360 is working to address and is able to work with sensitivity, discretion, judgment, tact, respect and poise
• Demonstrated expertise in the development and delivery of impactful marketing communications plans and campaigns.
• Proven ability to write creative, concise, strategically correct, and persuasive marketing collateral and proposals (writing samples required).
• Proven experience in strategic marketing and proposal content development and project management
• Experience developing creative/impactful communications and marketing plans involving customer segmentation across multiple channels.
• Experience with corporate and product PR; Strong branding, positioning and message development skills with a track record of success.
• Deep understanding of compliance requirements and promotional guidelines, both M360 and alliance partners’, across all channels of marketing.
• Strong strategic and analytical skills. Ability to proactively identify opportunities and obstacles and develop innovative solutions, often in an environment of ambiguity with no clear path previously identified.
• Strong leadership skills with a successful track record building and managing marketing and/or communications teams.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams, with demonstrated ability to create and communicate a vision, leverage diversity to build sound strategy, and drive impeccable execution to achieve corporate goals.
• Advanced communication and presentation skills, demonstrating the ability to build confidence, influence corporate plans, and drive decisions with senior leadership and a Board of Directors.
• Superior interpersonal skills to interact effectively with key internal and external stakeholders. Ability to influence laterally and vertically with internal stakeholders and with external partners.
• Passion for managing and mentoring teams, agencies and consultants to drive more effective outcomes and deliverables.
• Holds self and others accountable for results, operates with integrity, keeps commitments, works ethically and inspires an environment of trust, transparency, and collaboration.
• Excellent implementation skills including the ability to set and achieve goals, prioritize, and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
Medicines360 is committed to a diverse workplace and is committed to equal opportunity employment for all job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Medicines360 complies with all applicable local, state and national laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-16