Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Vice President, Marketing & Public Relations
The American College of Physicians (ACP) is looking for a Vice President of Public Relations & Marketing for its Marketing and Communications division. ACP, a national organization of internal medicine physicians with headquarters in Philadelphia, is the largest medical specialty organization and the second-largest physician group in the United States with more than 160,000 members worldwide.
Working in collaboration with and reporting to the Chief Communications Officer, the Vice President is responsible for the strategic development, execution, and performance of integrated marketing and communication activities across the organization. Providing direct senior management to the Marketing & Communications division, this position will ensure the effectiveness of ACP’s marketing, PR, communications, social media, web communications and creative services activities through a results-oriented, data and market-driven approach. ACP is looking for a big-picture thinker and team player with a growth mindset who thrives in a deadline driven, collaborative work environment, is flexible, demonstrates initiative, and habitually exceeds expectations. This position will lead teams to deliver modern and innovative ways to engage a multitude of audiences via a variety of mediums and inspire and mentor teams and individuals to help grow capabilities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Overseeing the work, budgets, and performance of the Marketing, Public Relations, Web Communications, and Creative Services departments, providing strategic and operational leadership to help scale existing successful activities and efforts
- Supporting ACP’s business goals and strategic priorities through centralized, team-based resources for marketing, public relations, corporate communications, media relations, social media, websites, multi-media production and digital experiences
- Driving membership and customer demand, loyalty, retention and market share, revenue generation, traffic, attendance, awareness, visibility and reputation by designing and implementing marketing, communications, and web strategies, approaches and content over multiple paid, owned, earned and shared channels, vehicles, and traditional/digital/emerging platforms.
- Helping drive the development of modern marketing and communications functions that utilize new platforms, technologies, and avenues of engagement to drive brand and organizational relevance, revenue, and impact.
- Overseeing day-to-day communications and marketing tactics, including the production and delivery of editorial content, promotions, advertising and multi-media assets to various audiences. Directing programs to improve the organization’s social media presence, reputation, recognition and engagement.
- Graduate degree with at least 15 years of relevant experience and an established leadership record that includes effective staff management/team leadership, developing and executing strategic plans, metric-driven analytics, and market research
- Demonstrated success in building, leading, managing, and evolving high-performing, high-volume, integrated marketing/communications teams in a consumer brand, health care organization, non-profit, or professional association, and experience working across indirect reports and cross-functional partners.
- Demonstrated experience with overseeing a wide variety of digital and traditional marketing and communications channels, platforms, strategies, tactics and content including email, websites, media relations, social media, advertising, etc.
- Deep understanding of the digital environment and evolving digital tools and platforms used to drive relevance, revenue, impact and support reach, engagement and thought leadership. Ability to translate trends into business opportunities.
- Sharp organizational and project management skills, ability to handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and produce results and achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal, consensus building, and diplomatic skills, with the ability to gain alignment across different stakeholders, functions, and priorities
- Strong financial and business skills around P&L, budgeting, forecasting, and strategic planning
ACP offers a competitive salary, superior benefits and a supportive work environment. To learn more about working at ACP, visit https://www.acponline.org/working_at_acp/. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume online by clicking the Apply button.
ACP is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
Job posted: 2023-01-16