Vice President of Media Relations
ROKK Solutions is a full-service, bipartisan public affairs firm that provides its clients with winning communications strategies designed to influence policy and sway opinion. We are currently looking for an experienced and motivated Vice President to help manage client campaigns and projects. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven individual, with strong media relations skills, wishing to work with Fortune 100 companies, trade associations, foreign governments and non-profits.
· Serve as the media relations team leader on major client accounts
· Proactively develop and execute earned media strategies on behalf of clients
· Serve as spokesperson for clients’ projects and initiatives
· Build a strong network of media contacts for the firm and its clients
· Generate content including statements, op-eds, talking points and memos
· Management of press conferences and other public events
· Help to develop and strengthen media relations skills of firm’s associates
· Maintain a strong understanding of the political/policy landscape related to firms’ clients
· 7+ years of industry, agency, government or political experience
· Extensive on-the-record experience
· Deep connections within Washington D.C. and New York media markets
· Strong writing and editing skills, including a close attention to detail.
· Ability to multi-task across clients and projects
· Proven ability to drive news stories and manage crises
· Campaign, coalition and/or relevant project management experience
Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer opportunities for advancement and incentive and performance-based bonuses.
ROKK Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff with a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posted: 2018-12-04