Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Vice President of Political Campaigns
The Outreach Team is the premiere grassroots consulting firm in the country. We are currently seeking a Vice President of Campaigns to join us in running our political program work.
We work on behalf of amazing progressive partners to win important campaigns and make lasting social change. Our goal is to consistently raise the overall level of organizing/canvass work across platforms by thinking holistically about our clients, the campaign we are trying to win, and the staff who work on the campaign.
In the last two cycles we’ve knocked on 4 million doors across more than a dozen states, registered over 100,000 voters and provided quality control services for 1.5 million voter registrations, and qualified a half dozen ballot initiatives. For 2024, we are planning to build an operation partnering with dozens of clients, 75 offices, and over 10,000 staff working on a variety of issue advocacy, electoral, and fundraising campaigns.
The Vice President of Campaigns will create, set-up and manage The Outreach Team’s political projects, including voter registration, voter contact, and signature gathering.
This is a VP-level role reporting to the Senior Vice President of Campaigns. This position is short term, starting asap and going through November 2024.
This is remote within the U.S, based anywhere with WiFi and cell service. The position will involve consistent travel.
Unfortunately we can’t hire people who would be working from these states: Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Utah, West Virginia.
- Hire, train, and manage staff to run projects
- Supervise multiple Project Directors and other senior campaign management staff
- Ensure that contract deliverables are met and quality of work is high on every campaign
- Set equity and justice goals for each project and ensure that they are met
- Work with the Political Director and SVP to design and manage departmental budgets
Client Recruitment and Onboarding
- Work with the SVP of the Political Department to develop a plan for The Outreach Team’s political field work
- Identify and pitch potential clients
- Represent The Outreach Team at conferences
- Negotiate contracts
- Liaise with clients on an ongoing basis
- Build company capacity – including recruiting, interviewing, and hiring new management staff
- Innovate by testing new strategies, tactics, technologies, and messages to improve our campaign models over time.
- Help run new staff trainings or management trainings
- Set and drive equity and justice priorities
- 8+ years of experience in issue and/or electoral campaigns with increasing responsibility over time. Some experience on issue-based campaigns required
- Experience creating campaign plans and launching program is required
- Experience managing client accounts and relationships
- Experience with recruitment and hiring
- Previous experience developing and running training programs
- Previous staff management experience
- Self-starter and excellent problem-solving skills
- Passion for progressive solutions to big problems
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends, and to travel as necessary
- Excellent proposal and report writing skills
- A growth mindset on equity and justice issues and a commitment to improving equity and justice in the workplace
The target compensation for this position is $150,000 – $250,000 annually, made up of a base salary of $125,000 to $160,000 annually plus bonuses based on performance.
We provide a generous benefits package which includes:
- Generous healthcare benefits.
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick and personal days
- Cell phone reimbursement
- A company credit card
- And a great orientation and training program
We are assessing interest right now, and expect to launch interviews mid- August. Please fill out the application to express your interest, and we will reach out to you soon.
At The Outreach Team we believe deeply that equity and inclusion in our organization makes us better at our work and helps to build a stronger progressive movement. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community and people who identify with other underrepresented groups to apply.
Job posted: 2023-08-28