Vice President of Policy
Hill+Knowlton Strategies has an immediate need for a Vice President of Policy in its growing U.S. Energy and Industrials (E+I) sector. The new Vice President of Policy will be responsible for driving the development and execution of public affairs strategies related to the energy transition, the role of industrials in driving the new economy forward, and how new technologies and innovations will play a role in supporting these two critical sectors as the nation gets back to work in the post-pandemic world. This new role will report directly to the Head of the U.S. E+I practice and engage regularly with both the US and International Public Affairs practice.
The role encompasses matters affecting state, federal, and international policy. The Vice President of Policy will be responsible for delivering impactful insights direct from the Hill, have a keen understanding of matters and policy proposals related to the energy transition, and have meaningful relationships with Members that are most engaged with these issues. Candidates must be able to manage complex projects and provide clear and confident guidance, translating subject matter expertise into effective messaging and engagement strategies.
The ideal candidate should possess excellent judgment, a background working in energy and industrial policy, and experience either leading or playing a key role influencing public policy on behalf of legislative/federal government, regulatory agencies, or trade/advocacy organizations. You are a strategic thinker, demonstrating enthusiasm and energy, an appetite to learn and be challenged, and a solid base skill set of writing, organization, and team management. This is an opportunity serve as a true extension of the client team, manage junior members and be part of a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary group.
- Undergraduate degree
- 10 years of prior work experience in the energy and/or industrial industry
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Articulate, poised, quick on your feet; ability to work in a fast-paced environment that is client facing
- Strong project management skills
- Equally comfortable working as a team or being self-sufficient
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
- Detail oriented, problem solver, energetic
- Strong understanding of social media trends and analytics
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-23