Vice President, Political Action Committee Director
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets over $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity.
The Corporate Responsibility (CR) department oversees the development and implementation of the firm’s CR agenda and initiatives by crafting goals, policies, and initiatives that align with the firm’s business strategies and operational objectives and support communities where we do business. CR includes Global Government Relations, Global Philanthropy, Sustainable Finance, Regulatory Affairs, and the JPMorgan Chase Institute.
Global Government Relations (GGR) is housed within Corporate Responsibility and is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive policy, regulatory and advocacy strategy on behalf of JPMorgan Chase. This includes engaging in balanced advocacy with regulators and policymakers, understanding and providing thought leadership on how policies affect the firm’s clients and economic growth overall, and governing internal coordination among regions and lines of business on global regulatory reform issues.
JPMorgan Chase is hiring a Vice President to manage all aspects of planning and operations of the JPMorgan Chase Political Action Committee. The position will be part of the U.S. Government Relations Team and report to the Head of U.S. Government Relations. The ideal candidate will be based in Washington, DC.
The Vice President of the JPMC PAC will be an expert in political fundraising and public affairs, with a broad political lens and strong communications competency. The Vice President will ensure the PAC meets all internal standards of governance and transparency, serve as an internal thought leader on emerging political trends and potential impact, and serve as an internal ambassador for the role of the PAC as part of the firm’s overall civic engagement. The role will require close coordination with multiple internal partners – Federal Government Relations, State Government Relations, Communications, Legal, Compliance and the Corporate Responsibility Chief Financial Officer.
The main areas of responsibility for the role include:
- Build annual and long-term strategic plans for JPMorgan PAC in collaboration with partners in Federal and State Government Relations and Communications, including growth targets; compliance with JPMorgan Chase Framework for Giving; development and compliance with transparency goals; and engagement with PAC membership;
- Drive, track and report progress against strategic goals;
- Manage day-to-day PAC operations in collaboration with partners in Federal and State Government Relations, Community Engagement, CFO, Legal and Compliance;
- Coordinate with industry trade associations to strategically align and leverage industry investments in national political and policy groups with those of the company;
- Plan and manage PAC Advisory Committee, including developing and maintaining membership, planning and executing reporting and communications;
- Plan and execute all PAC events;
- Design and drive solicitation campaigns, membership outreach and communications;
- Develop and maintain all creative and educational content, ensuring regular review and consistency of messages, including web-based materials, solicitation materials, internal and external reports, newsletters and other content;
- Serve as internal thought leader and expert on political engagement trends and governance, providing regular updates to senior management about emerging issues, events or trends and corresponding strategy and progress.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years of experience with a blend of communication, event planning, public affairs, political action committee, political fundraising, or campaign management experience;
- Understanding of Federal Election Commission regulations, political campaigns, and governance;
- Demonstrated analytical and independent problem-solving skills; ability to exercise sound, independent judgment and drive collaborative decision-making
- A strategic mindset
- Strong organizational skills and project management experience
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to distill and present complex information plainly and succinctly
- Experience presenting to and communicating with senior management and public officials;
- Excellent relationship-building skills;
- Self-starter with proactive approach, excellent time management and prioritization skills;
- Ability to excel and maintain a positive attitude in a high-performance, fast-paced professional environment, while managing multiple projects under tight deadlines.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Job posted: 2021-07-03