Vice President, Public Affairs
About Forbes Tate Partners
Forbes Tate Partners (FTP) is a full-service public affairs consultancy specializing in bipartisan, federal and state government relations, strategic communications, grassroots and grasstops advocacy, issue campaigns, and corporate development. As a mid-sized firm, we have the breadth and depth of personnel and experience to manage a portfolio of over 100 clients, but also the flexibility to provide our clients with attentive and highly personalized support.
We are currently seeking a bright, focused and proactive individual to join our team as a Vice President in our Public Affairs practice. The candidate will lead and manage a diverse portfolio of clients, manage and develop staff teams, contribute to thought leadership activities, and participate in business development. This position is full-time salaried, with benefits and paid holidays. The Vice President reports to the Public Affairs Partners and works closely with senior leaders across the Public Affairs practice.
A bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of professional experience in public affairs, strategic communications, and/or coalition management is required. Experience in media relations, advocacy, and grassroots engagement is a plus. The ideal candidate must be team-oriented, have a keen attention to detail, possess exceptional oral and written communications skills, have a proven track record of leading and managing both clients and staff, and ability to work well under pressure.
- Proactively develop and execute fully integrated public affairs campaigns that support Forbes Tate Partners’ clients.
- Build and/or manage coalitions, maintain relationships with third-party stakeholders, and mobilize like-minded outside groups to advance client priorities.
- Accelerate the growth of the Public Affairs practice by identifying and seizing opportunities to add value through strategic innovation and service integration, coordinating proposals for business development, and identifying additional opportunities for departmental growth.
- Manage client campaigns that combine coalition management, research, earned and paid media, polling, grassroots engagement, direct outreach to elected officials, and/or stakeholder engagement.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with members of the media.
- Develop and maintain a general knowledge of legislation, government policy, and current events relevant to Forbes Tate Partners’ work and its clients.
- Identify creative ways to engage on core issues and create new opportunities for clients to advocate for key priorities through events, meetings, and partnerships.
- Deliver quantifiable and visible results on behalf of Forbes Tate Partners’ clients.
- Oversee outside vendor activities and budgets.
- Mentoring and developing team members, and staying abreast of new industry developments.
How to Apply
Interested parties should send their resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No calls, emails, or faxes, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. FTP is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment.
Job posted: 2021-01-05