Vice President, Public Affairs and Crisis, Sustainability
In a world of exponential change, BCW is a creative business that solves complex problems by #Moving People. This starts with our people.
Our core belief is that the growth of our people fuels the growth of our clients, which powers the growth of our agency. So, across our global BCW team, we share a common practice: cultivating an open, curious mindset that is committed to learning.
We know we learn best when Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (I.D.E.A.) are embedded into everything we do for our people, agency, clients and communities we serve. We wholly believe that creating truly inclusive and innovative solutions by growing talent that mirrors the marketplace is critical to our success. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from talent across all dimensions of race/ethnicity, LGBTQ, differently abled and veteran status to come and grow with us.
At BCW, we move and we grow. We create, contribute and challenge, but we don’t conform. Instead, we transform
BCW is seeking to hire Vice President of Public Relations to be based in Washington DC. The VP will be dedicated to a multi-year fully integrated Public Education, Awareness and Sustainability campaign with regulatory policy and consumer target audiences. Significant understanding of NGO’s, international development, philanthropy, and climate issues are necessary for success in this position.
This is an opportunity to become immersed in a landmark campaign as well as to play a leading role in the development of our sustainability offering.
THE TEAM: Public Affairs and Crisis
We are living in unprecedented times: a world with tremendous uncertainty where the only constantis a pace of change that is both staggering and accelerating.
Within our BCW Public Affairs Solution, our role is to clear the clouds of confusion. While we adapt to change, our aims remain the same. We pinpoint risks, mitigate challenges, identify opportunities and help our clients influence opinion and navigate the global regulatory and political maze.
Most importantly, constituents today want to have their say, and they know how to use technology as a platform.
BCW offers unmatched global support in advocacy, public affairs communications and media relations. We have been campaigning and messaging for more than six decades. From circular economy to cybersecurity, from chemicals to healthcare and from agriculture to social justice, we cover every aspect of public policy at global and national levels.
What you’ll do as you move with us:
- Develop and execute strategies around partnerships, stakeholder and influencer engagement to build awareness and public education
- Act as Subject Matter Expert around sustainability and corporate social responsibility
- Be a key point of contact to clients, providing guidance and actively seeking to present opportunities to add value and grow the business
- Stay ahead of regulatory policies affecting issues around climate, energy, chemicals and manufacturing
- Collaborate across multiple integrated workstreams, teams and geographies
- Support BCW’s commitment to an inclusive and diverse environment, demonstrating strong mentoring and leadership skills
Experience that contributes to your success:
- Experience working in an agency, management consulting or government policy environment is highly desired
- Significant experience with NGOs, partnerships, philanthropy and sustainability issues from a public affairs perspective
- Success in growing business organically and identifying new opportunities for the agency
- Demonstrated campaign work on integrated public education and awareness campaigns
- Stakeholder engagement, thought leadership and message development on a national, state and local level across traditional, social and experiential platforms and events
- Track record of managing cross-functional teams and growing junior practitioners
- 12-15 years of experience in the public affairs and communications arena
More about BCW:
BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe), one of the world’s largest full-service global communications and public relations agencies, is in the business of moving people on behalf of clients. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), a creative transformation company.
To act. To inspire. To change. We take an analytical approach to obsess over every detail, then add real emotion and creativity to connect with people’s lives and their communities. We’re #MovingPeople – join us.
BCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MF/Disability/Vet, and we are proud of our diverse workforce.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-18