Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Vice President of Public Relations
Texas Trust Credit Union
The VP of Public Relations provides strategic media oversight, public relations management, consultation, and communication management. Responsible for overall reputation management strategy including development of earned media programs, social media, and stakeholder communication to promote the image of the company. This position is also responsible for community engagement and awareness including The Texas Trust CU Theatre. The position reports directly to the SVP of Marketing and Public Relations.
- represent the Credit Union in Community Affairs and Public Relations, including employee communications of marketing products and promotions;
- responsible for content and communication of social media websites;
- promotes public relations through community activities, member seminars and SEG’s;
- management of the design, development, production/printing, and delivery of all necessary collateral materials to support brand building and promotional activities. Includes photography, layout, copy, pre-production prep and printing;
- maintain internal agency support for key partners and agents positioning marketing communications as a competitive point of differentiation;
- develop, communicate and implement branding/visual identity standards and guidelines for all printed materials, packaging, booths and other promotional collateral;
- supervise Communications team in their efforts to implement the annual plan laid out
- plan and organize trade events/communications events promoting the Company and its products;
- develop and produce internal and external written communications;
- recruit as necessary, develop, motivate and retain a high caliber of team members;
- review requests for corporate funding and event participation as needed;
- responsible for continual evaluation all areas of community involvement;
- responsible for uncovering new opportunities derived through strategic partnerships;
- assist with events and fundraising for the Company;
- coordinate communications projects with other departments;
- review recommendations for community opportunities that position Texas Trust in a competitive advantage;
- act as liaison between Communications department and the executive board;
- interface with all levels of the public.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field;
- 7-10 years of experience in marketing and communications;
- 3-5 years in management roles.
Skills, Education and/or Certifications Required
- Excellent written and presentation skills;
- Proficiency in MS Office;
- Ability to act as leader for a communications team;
- Ability to effectively communicate to staff of all levels with the company;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, and possess strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
Texas Trust Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-29