Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Vice President, Public Relations
TEAM LEWIS is looking for an experienced PR professional, with a track record in innovative B2B communications campaigns and an interest in purpose and ESG, to be the US lead on our global flagship client. The Vice President will play a key leadership role within the Chicago office, driving team growth, engagement and culture.
This is an opportunity that will suit an ambitious professional with a passion for innovating and applying creative thinking to B2B challenges. A confident “go-getter” who is keen to make their mark in a global business. With a strong entrepreneurial spirit, you thrive on challenges and working in a fast-paced, international environment.
About TEAM LEWIS
We are an independent global marketing agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in a little over two decades. Our success is due to a combination of factors: talented people delivering award winning campaigns; expanding client relationships into new markets and services; making strategic acquisitions. The agency, its people and client campaigns have won many prestigious awards, including Cannes Lions, PRovoke Media, ICCO, European Excellence, PRCA Digital, Digital Impact, Global Digital Excellence.
At the heart of the business is the TEAM LEWIS Foundation (TLF). A non-profit charitable entity, funded by TEAM LEWIS, the TLF makes grants to support individuals undertaking charitable activities and charitable organizations in achieving their goals. The TLF promotes social, cultural, economic and environmental innovation that benefits society. It aims to strengthen the bonds between the communications industry, businesses, governments and non-profits. In 2021, the TLF granted $1 million to small and large organizations all over the globe. The goal in 2023 is to grant $5 million. Community charities are championed by TEAM LEWIS’ employees, who volunteer their time and skills to maximize the grants’ effectiveness.
Purpose of the role
The Vice President (VP) will spend fifty per cent of their time leading and managing the client, working closely with senior peers on the business across the US and in the London office. They will own the US client relationship, taking responsibility for meeting client expectations and ensuring that both the client and TEAM LEWIS colleagues are kept fully up to date on critical activity on the account. The VP takes the lead in building and maintaining media relationships, driving outreach for campaigns. The role will drive excellent client service, retention and profitability.
The VP will work closely with the Senior Vice President, US PR on the growth and development of the Chicago office. The VP will champion a team working culture, providing hands on professional development and encouraging people to think differently about creative solutions.
Working with colleagues and teams across the US and internationally, the VP will lead new business credentials and pitches and the onboarding of wins. Overall, they will provide strategic and creative consultancy to clients on their integrated marketing journey.
- Develop strong relationships and trust with the client, providing strategic and creative counsel, and initiatives for retention and organic growth; manage program delivery start to finish
- Brief the creative engineering team to bring concepts to life for multi-channel campaigns
- Run executive media relations programs, including media training, for the senior/c-suite clients
- Ensure the delivery of excellent, consistent service and results; bring rigorous evaluation and measurement to campaign planning and reporting
- Grow client revenue, identifying and securing upsell/cross sell opportunities
- Manage business operational elements, eg. client profitability, budgets/costs, resource planning
- For new business, help identify and engage prospects plus key intermediaries and influencers
- Participate in, or lead, credentials and pitches for multi-market prospects, developing the strategic insight, strategy and messaging
- Champion the cascading of US clients across the global network
- Retain a high-caliber and motivated team – inspire and nurture a first-class culture in which people can thrive and grow professionally and personally
- Manage and motivate direct reports, setting and reviewing goals; work to maximize strengths, improve weaknesses and support career development
- Lead and participate in training as a trainer and by contributing curriculum ideas
- Interview key potential hires. Help on-board and mentor these hires, setting them up for success
- Overall, be a collaborative, encouraging, supportive member of the US management team.
Working for a PR agency, you are a strategic thinker who enjoys counseling clients and devising and running campaigns. With rounded B2B communications experience, you are passionate about the role of business in society and operate at the forefront of developing communications programs to show this. Mission focussed and commercial, you have a “sleeves rolled up” mentality and like to exceed goals, deliver results and make a positive impact. An empathetic and motivational leader, you are able to coach and manage client teams to deliver service and work of the highest order. You thrive in a flexible, open-minded, “can do” environment.
- Evidence of running a large global client autonomously and with initiative
- Experience in the tech sector is desired; experience in the energy sector is a plus
- Good understanding of trends and issues impacting business and stakeholder audiences
- Track record of exceeding goals; evidence of consistently making sound decisions through a combination of analysis, experience and judgment
- Successful commercial and operational management experience
- Strong media relations skills and close relationships with notable media
- Well-connected in the Chicago business and marketing communities; a keen networker
- Experience of leading and winning pitches
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; an articulate and convincing presenter
- Ability to problem solve, project manage and multi-task. Will take charge of a situation and act
- Integrity, humility, self-drive/initiative – and a sense of humor!
- Senior Vice President, US PR (Chicago) – line manager
- Senior Vice Presidents/Vice Presidents (US-wide)
- Head of Consultancy, UK and Director (London)
- Executive Vice President, US (San Diego)
- Managing Director, Client Engagement (Boston)
- CEO (London/San Diego)
- Chief Operating Officer (London)
- Chief of Staff (London)
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.
The expected salary range for the VP, PR position is between $133K – $160K. Base annual salary is determined by factors such as location, experience, and expertise.
TEAM LEWIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating and fostering an environment focused on equality, empowerment and respect. We strive to create an inclusive workplace that supports and celebrates our diversity. We continue to invest in our efforts to ensure that TEAM LEWIS is a place where everyone can thrive.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-14