Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Vice President of Public Relations
Rational 360 is seeking to hire a Public Relations Vice President to support several client accounts and be a part of the Senior Management team of the firm. Candidates should have experience in public relations, communications, public affairs, and/or public policy. Vice Presidents are able to leverage their own specialized skills and backgrounds while operating in Rational 360’s generalist environment.
Vice Presidents deliver strategic advice to clients, drawing on specialist communications expertise and depth of professional advisory experience- and are able to demonstrate a deep knowledge of the clients’ business and strategic communications issues.
Vice Presidents engage in daily client consultation and strategy development, produce high-level communications materials, and manage media relations campaigns. They are part of the firm’s senior management and assist with business development, mentorship, and strategic planning.
Candidates should have a working knowledge of Washington, be eager to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage a diverse workload.
The firm is committed to high-quality, personal service and specialize in strategic public affairs communications, reputation management, business and consumer public relations, and interactive communications.
The Rational Way
Rational 360 is a leading full-service strategic communications and digital agency, with offices and staff located across the country. We recognize that communications and public affairs rarely take place in a vacuum, and our work is always crafted using the best data analysis to support organization-wide strategic objectives for our clients.
From public relations and public affairs to crisis communications and new media strategy, our experienced team takes an innovative, active approach to advancing your mission-critical goals. We understand the unique opportunities and challenges of the 21st century media landscape and operate as an extension of your own communications and leadership teams.
The Rational Approach: Integrated Campaigns
We create custom campaigns that are integrated with communication, policy, or business goals an organization may have and we measure our campaigns on their ability to deliver outcomes and results. Our creative and relentless approach inspires hearts and minds, turns data into action, opens commercial markets, and drives impactful outcomes that win.
The Rational Difference: Connected Where it Matters.
Our bipartisan team members have worked at every level of business and government and our networks extend deep into the Halls of Congress, the White House, and Fortune 500 boardrooms across the country. We have the pulse of mission-critical conversations and implement campaigns when and where it matters most – and measure success at every point in the process.
- Foster development of team members’ skills and client handling abilities by identifying new challenges and encouraging teams to stretch where appropriate
- Write thoughtful, well-structured content; consider audience in style and tone of communications
- Express a point of view in a thoughtful manner; able to analyze and distill complex information
- Source new business opportunities
- Actively and effectively manage account teams: drive day-to-day account activities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
At Rational, we look to hire smart, ambitious individuals who are dedicated to learning and growth.
In addition to considering experience when reviewing talent, we look to see potential, strong work ethic, and excellent written and verbal communications skills. Standout candidates demonstrate the following:
- Proven ability to develop creative, strategic solutions to communications challenges
- Ability to operate effectively in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Exceptional written and verbal communication ability
- Energetic team player with strong self-motivation
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask in high-pressure situations and manage multiple projects
- Ability to exhibit discretion with confidential client matters
- Experience managing staff, managing clients and/or project teams
- Familiarity with the professional use of digital media channels
- Experience working with top corporation or association executives.
- 6-10 years of prior public relations or communications experience and ideally will have experience in public affairs or corporate communications. Individuals with health care experience are preferred, but not required.
- Media relations experience with proven results and demonstrated experience working with and pitching to reporters is a plus
- Experience managing digital media communications is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Rational 360 offers competitive compensation including year-end bonuses and a 401K match for full time employees. Staff members are eligible for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
We offer employees paid time off, paid public holidays, paid family leave, sick leave, and a flexible work schedule around the holidays, including the office closing between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
We are currently in a hybrid return to office schedule where employees work in our Washington, DC office three (3) days a week. We plan to do a full return to office where employees are expected to work in office Monday to Thursday and have the option to work remotely on Fridays.
Additionally, employees can take up to two (2) additional weeks of remote workdays during the calendar year.
Rational 360 is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Job posted: 2022-09-21