Vice President, Public Sector Government (Health Policy Communications)
We are looking for a Vice President to join our team!
Ketchum’s Public Sector and Government team is looking for a Vice President. This is a great opportunity to a team that is unique in its ability to shape complex, large-scale public education campaigns critical to the nation’s well-being. We understand what motivates our audiences. And we know how to reach them where they work and live. Come join the team working on Center for Medicare, Medicaid Services, Health Resources and Services Administration and the Office of Minority Health.
About the Job
- Maintain regular contact with clients; proactively offer and implement new ways to meet client needs.
- Build understanding and knowledge of the clients’ business and their competitive environments.
- Actively participate/contribute to the development of account plans/ideas. Provide appropriate instruction to junior staff on projects.
- Participate in program presentations to clients or new business presentations. Assist senior management in developing proposals and gathering information for new business opportunities.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively develop full range of written materials including press releases, byline articles, speeches, client correspondence and reports.
- Manage budgets, review financial reports, project budgets, and staff utilization.
- Experience in reading and translating complex material. Ability to rewrite information into easily digestible format.
- Be flexible and facilitate teamwork within account team; coordinate team resources and create opportunities for junior staff to take on more responsibility; fully utilize agency resources to create the “best teams” for your clients.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would qualify. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field. Master’s in public health a plus.
- 10 + years of experience in public relations or similar position in a non-agency setting.
- Deep federal government experience
- Strong writing skills
- Health experience, health IT policy experience a plus.
- Prior experience working on a federal government contract or for the federal government a big plus!
- Ability to work in multi-faceted, fast-paced environment.
As a global communications consultancy with 90 plus years of experience, Ketchum is a trusted partner who is equal parts creative and analytical. Ketchum is a place where all perspectives and points of view are welcome and encouraged. We are a collection of communications specialists, content creators, creatives, researchers, data analysts, media pros, digital strategists, issues and crisis counselors, and tech nerds. And we love when those worlds collide to create the very best teams and solutions for our clients. We work with the world’s leading brands, emerging start-ups, and everything in between. We are beyond proud to have created some of the most celebrated and award-winning campaigns in our industry. We’re just crazy enough to think we can impact the world – and how it responds to ideas – through communication.
We encourage our employees to be curious, brave, inspiring, and a force for good. Let’s talk. Come belong at Ketchum!
What we offer
- Robust benefits program
- Generous time off policies
- Retirement program with company match
- Workplace flexibility
- Business casual dress code
- Workplace and off-site social gatherings
- Yoga @ work
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Transit benefits
Interested? We’ve got an opportunity for you.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-29