Vice President, Purpose/Social Impact/Sustainability
Ketchum is seeking a Vice President to join our Purpose team. Do you have experience working on high profile brand accounts and a passion to help guide companies, NGOs or Foundations looking to create a better world for people and planet? If so, this could be just the right opportunity for you.
About the Job
We’re in need of someone who’s strategic, creative, collaborative and fun, but also detail-oriented. That’s right, you’ve gotta be the yin AND the yang.
This is a truly awesome opportunity to work on high profile clients, doing meaningful work. Ideal candidate is a project manager guru, someone with experience working on large consumer brands, exceptional media relations skills, and an understanding of purpose work, including NGO partnerships and corporate responsibility.
We are more than just a public relations & communications agency. We change the game with every campaign we touch for our clients through innovative and out the box ideas we manifest. In a culture, which is fast moving, fun and collaborative; we are seeking only those who can inspire others, who are fearless and consider themselves one of the best in the business. Is that you? If so, stop reading and start applying.
- Lead development of creative campaigns that deliver results, working with specialty teams on research, insight-driven creative and strategy deployed across communications channels
- Act as primary contact to Purpose clients, accessing the agency’s network of resources to deliver greatest value to clients to build trust and become a valuable resource to clients
- Perform a wide range of duties, including development of client programs, strategic planning, staff development and financial management, while serving as key liaison among client, account team and agency management
- Provide strategic guidance to clients on an ongoing basis; anticipate and address clients’ needs; troubleshoot clients’ problems as they arise; seek senior management input whenever appropriate
- Strive to develop the best communication and presentation skills possible to clearly and passionately articulate ideas to clients, colleagues and others
- Work with account team(s) to build incremental business; participate in new business and thought leadership programming and presentations
- Stay on top of trends in the industry, bringing them to the attention of clients and associates, as appropriate
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors (ensuring you apply inclusive thinking when selecting vendors by considering partners from underrepresented groups i.e. race/ethnicity, women-, disabled-, veteran-, LGBTQ+-owned), key stakeholder, media and clients
- Welcome, engage, consider and value ideas and points of view from others and participate in Ketchum’s efforts towards creating a more diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where everyone feels a sense of belonging
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would qualify. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Nine plus years of agency and/or in-house public relations experience , ideally with some purpose background, whether professional or personal
- Demonstrated track record in building strong client relationships and delivering programs that exceed anticipated results in the area of ESG, CSR, Sustainability and / or Purpose
- Demonstrated track record in building strong client relationships and delivering programs that exceeded anticipated results
- Proven track record in growing business
- Broad-based exposure to all skill areas, including proposal planning, writing and presentations, media relations, and consultative selling
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills; captivating presenter and great listener; strong negotiating, persuasion and diplomacy skills
As a global communications consultancy with 90 plus years of experience, Ketchum is a trusted partner who is equal parts creative and analytical. Ketchum is a place where all perspectives and points of view are welcome and encouraged. We are a collection of communications specialists, content creators, creatives, researchers, data analysts, media pros, digital strategists, issues and crisis counselors, and tech nerds. And we love when those worlds collide to create the very best teams and solutions for our clients. We work with the world’s leading brands, emerging start-ups, and everything in between. We are beyond proud to have created some of the most celebrated and award-winning campaigns in our industry. We’re just crazy enough to think we can impact the world – and how it responds to ideas – through communication.
We encourage our employees to be curious, brave, inspiring, and a force for good. Let’s talk. Come belong at Ketchum!
What we offer
- Robust benefits program
- Generous time off policies
- Retirement program with company match
- Workplace flexibility
- Business casual dress code
- Workplace and off-site social gatherings
- Yoga @ work
- Professional learning and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Transit benefits
Interested? We’ve got an opportunity for you.
Job posted: 2021-10-10