Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Vice President (Senate)
About Food Solutions Action
Food Solutions Action (FSA) is a 501(c)(4) nonprofit that advocates for the alternative protein industry. We focus on policies that expedite the adoption of alternative proteins (meat made from plants, cell cultivation, and fermentation) and advance legislation to support the sector’s expansion. FSA is growing and, as such, is seeking an additional in-house lobbyist with experience working in the U.S. Senate to support in forwarding FSA’s priorities in Congress.
The Vice President will be responsible for advancing FSA’s federal policy agenda, which includes developing legislative concepts and related strategies aimed at enacting FSA priorities into law, lobbying in support of FSA’s existing legislative agenda, and coordinating coalition efforts with stakeholders at partner organizations. Duties will include:
- Building and maintaining relationships with policymakers and their staff through regular meetings
- Working with the FSA team and our stakeholders to develop additional policy recommendations that support the alternative protein industry
- Tracking and prioritizing federal regulatory and legislative updates to identify opportunities
- Coordinating with alternative protein companies to devise and implement strategies for effective engagement and collaboration on key policy issues
- Identifying federal policymakers and political candidates who are existing or potential champions of FSA policy priorities
- Working closely with external contract lobbyists
- At least 3 years working as a full-time legislative employee in the U.S. Senate
- Experience researching and drafting legislation as well as pursuing amendment opportunities
- Excellent communication skills, including persuasive and analytical writing, and public speaking
- Strong self-direction and self-motivation
- Experience working on agriculture issues is preferred, but not essential
Salary and Location
This is a full-time position with an annual salary between $125,000 to $200,000, accompanied by a competitive benefits package including healthcare reimbursement, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, generous paid time off and sick leave, and wellness support. The position will be remote for the near future, but candidates must be located near or willing to relocate to the greater Washington, D.C. area to regularly attend meetings on Capitol Hill.
FSA values diversity of viewpoint and experience across multiple dimensions; our practices hopefully reflect that intention. We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, ability, and background to apply. At FSA, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team. If we can provide more context on this topic to help your application process, please let us know.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please send your resume and cover letter to Lili Pond Miller email@example.com.
Job posted: 2023-08-28