Vice President, Social Media
Ready to Inspire Actions that Matter™? Crosby, one of the country’s leading independent communications firms, seeks an experienced professional to champion and elevate social media initiatives across Crosby and on behalf of our national clients. Deep knowledge of the entire digital/social ecosystem and an understanding of branding, positioning and integrated marketing is essential. The Vice President, Social Media leads a team of social media focused strategists, data analysts, community management specialists, and content creators. Must be a strong personnel manager with team-building skills and mentoring abilities.
You will work with multiple stakeholders to develop large-scale social media initiatives from concept to execution. Primary responsibilities include creating strategies for multi-channel campaigns and overseeing editorial strategies, content creation, influencer marketing, online community management, analytics, and reporting. Must be comfortable evaluating data from multiple sources, including enterprise level tools, to garner insights that will inform the development of effective social media and content programs.
- Lead client programs and manage teams in creating social media strategies that will build brands and online communities
- Responsible for enhancing the company’s social and digital capabilities by staying current on trends and best practices
- Foster collaboration with content producers in the creation of multi-channel content, liaising with strategy and creative teams to produce multimedia formats including graphics, video, gifs, elements for live events, etc.
- Oversee community engagement efforts, including sweeping platforms for response opportunities, as well as maintaining engagement protocols and standard operating procedures
- Provide strategic direction for paid social programs across platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn, as well as influencer engagement and native advertising opportunities in alignment and collaboration with strategic leads for other communications channels
- Integrate on event strategy across social, executing live social events such as Facebook/Instagram Live and streaming on YouTube, as well as covering on the ground events
- Accountable for performance across content and channels; monitor and analyze digital inputs to inform strategic planning and creative content that generates results
- Contribute to new business efforts, as well as internal agency promotion and thought leadership
We’re looking for candidates with these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with 15 years of experience in digital/social media and integrated communications
- Deep understanding of the earned, owned, shared, and paid media ecosystem
- Proven track record of managing progressively complex projects in an agency/consultancy environment; strategic, analytical thinking and personal organization are musts
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and creative environment; ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
- Strong knowledge of technologies, tools, and partner opportunities to enhance our work, such as Khoros, Sprinklr, Crimson Hexagon, Datorama, as well as Google marketing products (e.g., AdWords, Analytics, Optimize, Trends, Search Console, Ad Planner)
- Experience with federal/government and/or healthcare clients
We offer generous benefits, bonus, and profit-sharing opportunities. This full-time position is in our Annapolis office and will report directly to Crosby’s EVP, Digital Strategy & Analytics.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume here.
Job posted: 2020-09-01