Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Vice President, U.S. Government and Regulatory Affairs
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped craft how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly, and build an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
Viasat, Inc. seeks an experienced professional to head the United States portion of our government and regulatory affairs team. Based in our Washington DC office, this position reports to the Chief Officer, Global Government Affairs & Regulatory, and provides a competitive salary, performance-based bonus and equity opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
You must be diligent and proactive, show excellent business judgment, employ effective strategic and tactical thinking, and have the ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a supportive, team environment. In addition, you are expected to:
- Establish a U.S. government affairs and regulatory strategy that furthers Viasat’s business interests, and enhances awareness of Viasat’s mission, products, and services, with the executive and legislative branches and regulatory agencies, and at both the state and federal levels.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with government officials, trade associations, policy organizations, and other relevant partners in the United States.
- Including day-to-day lobbying with relevant officials.
- Represent Viasat on U.S. legislative, regulatory and other policy matters, providing strategic and tactical direction, and championing the company’s interests.
- Create, organize and lead cross-functional teams.
- Work closely with industry allies.
- Engage Viasat’s leadership, legal and commercial teams where appropriate.
- Monitor expected and pending legislative, regulatory and other policy developments.
- Develop suitable advocacy materials and campaigns.
- Ensure that the company is compliant with U.S. registration, lobbying disclosure, and campaign finance laws.
- Proven track record with legislative bodies, executive agencies, trade associations, and policy organizations in the U.S. (at least 10 years of experience).
- Ability to develop and complete strategic and tactical plans, deliver exceptional business results and impact, and adapt in the face of obstacles.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences as well as extensive experience in internal and external partner management.
- Willingness to provide regular and timely reports and updates.
- Willingness and ability to operate in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate fully, effectively, and efficiently, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to take initiative and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to rise to unexpected challenges in new areas and learn the subject matter.
- Willingness to participate in industry and political events.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of broadband communications and radio frequency spectrum technology is preferred.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Additional Requirements and Information
High School Diploma or GED
Years of Experience
Up to 25%
At Viasat, we consider many factors when it comes to compensation, including the scope of the position as well as your background and experience. For United States-based jobs only: The pay range for this position is $ to $ annually; however, base pay may vary within this range depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Additional cash or stock incentives may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. Learn more about Viasat’s comprehensive benefit offerings that are focused on your holistic health and wellness.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-02-02