Vice President, US Policy & Public Affairs
The VP of US Policy is responsible for the management of a team charged with the development and analysis of US health and international trade policy, fostering of relationships between Pfizer and think tanks/academic institutions to support and progress US policies that advance Pfizer commercial and WRD aims, and advocacy with the USG and international governments on trade and customs policies that impact Pfizer.
A successful candidate should have a profound understanding of US policymaking particularly as it pertains to Congress and the leading health policy agencies including HHS, CMS and OMB, and experience in working at high levels within the USG in policy making roles. The candidate should also have deep networks in Washington DC policy making circles, establishing Pfizer within the thought leadership and trade association community.
- Development of policies in the US to advance patient centric initiatives that support innovation and quality health care considered by Congress, HHS, CMS, the FDA, state Medicaid and departments of health.
- Analyzing policies put forth by stakeholders in federal and state governments, as well as by leading health care stakeholders in US for their impacts on US patients and Pfizer.
- Providing policy leadership at key industry trade associations, think tanks, academic institutions and other working groups and committees.
- Leading the development, management, and promotion of policies that are critical to fostering the scientific, innovation, and commercial ambitions of the company.
- Leading analysis of international trade policies affecting Pfizer’s business model and development of strategies to shape those measures using trade policy tools. This includes leading the generation of evidence/data to support global trade policy advocacy, including with respect to intellectual property issues and pricing and reimbursement.
- Leading development and execution of trade policy-related intellectual property and pricing advocacy and evidence generation in support of Pfizer’s business priorities.
- Managing a cohort of state-based advocates who are charged with working alongside commercial representatives in the field to gather insights and act on inputs from commercial leaders in the field.
- Developing comprehensive regional advocacy strategies to collaborate on key policy initiatives with external stakeholders.
- Engaging regional business units and state and regional leadership teams to understand the needs of the business and provide advice on impact of pending or potential public policies on the success of business strategies.
- Developing the evidence base for policies such as prevention in alignment with Pfizer’s health reform platform and vaccine policy platform. Collaborating with internal SMEs for content development and deployment strategies.
- Representing Pfizer in industry forums, and serving as an external representative of the company on US policy matters in from of key stakeholders
- BA or BS, 15+ years’ experience in policy development and/or international trade advocacy required
- Advanced degree e.g. JD, MPA or MPH or related disciplines preferred
- Extensive experience in the fields of US health policy, budget policy, and/or trade policy , in roles related to policy, government relations, and/or corporate affairs, with significant experience during that time.
- Deep knowledge of broader healthcare policy, and pharmaceutical pricing and reimbursement issues
- Proven track record for sharp strategic analysis and understanding, including incorporating policy into decision making for senior leadership.
- Candidate must possess excellent presentation, written, oral, communication skills and interpersonal skills, as well as a proven ability to work well as part of a team and with all levels in the organization.
- Must possess strong executive presence and be able to interact with senior leaders confidently to garner trust and offer strategic counsel.
- Ability to translate complex information into clear and concise messages.
- Must be confident, decisive and adept at navigating a fast-paced and evolving environment with competing priorities and stakeholders.
- Must demonstrate excellent networking and relationship-building skills and the ability to interact with confidence with various levels and functions.
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Government experience preferred.
- Advanced degree e.g. JD, MPA or MPH or related disciplines preferred.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Local and international travel.
Last Date to Apply for Job: September 11, 2020
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Public Affairs & Communication
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-02