VIE – S&R/Communication/public affairs
In 2020, Pernod Ricard celebrates its 45th anniversary. Since it was created, the Group has experienced ongoing growth and has significantly accelerated its development in the last ten years through major acquisitions. Today, Pernod Ricard is the world’s co-leader in the Wines and Spirits industry. Our ambition is clear – we want to become number 1 in the industry.
The host entity:
The Department of Global Public Affairs and Alcohol in Society will host the VIE in its Brussels office, in charge of the European Affairs, International Trade and Global Alcohol in Society for the company internationally. The main missions of the Brussels office are:
– To defend the interests of the Pernod Ricard Group towards authorities, relevant institutions and professional associations in the European Union particularly regarding relevant EU policies, including alcohol and health policies;
– To support affiliates in promoting the interests of the Pernod Ricard Group towards the local authorities and relevant national professional organizations in the 28 Member States of the EU and neighboring countries;
– To define the global responsible consumption/alcohol & health strategy and supervise/monitor its implementation;
– To support the deployment of the Pernod Ricard S&R policy and initiatives in Europe, with a special focus on the Responsible Party programme
The Sustainability & Responsibility and Communications department is composed of 4 people and has a very transversal role within the entity. We work closely with all the departments.
The department is working on:
- A global responsible drinking programme called Responsible Party
- The regional S&R strategy and its implementation in the 55 markets of the Region, supporting the affiliates and driving the progress on the implementation
- The regional communication, how to embark the collaborators of the Region and unite them around a same goal and ambition, building on the diversity with a Region based on 3 continents
Pernod Ricard and its direction of European Affairs offers a VIE position as project manager in order to strengthen the implementation and follow-up of the alcohol & health policies and S&R activities in Europe and beyond.
Mission 1: Assistance in the management of the Responsible Party project – organization and implementation
- Implement the strategy of the programme
- Assess the needs for the programme
- Planify the tasks
- Manage and coordinate the relationship with the partners
- Develop the communication tools (social media especially) and of the communication around the programme towards the public but also the European institutions
- Manage the budget of the programme
- Run the Responsible party digital campaign (community management, online events and content creation)
- Provide support to affiliates wishing to implement Responsible Party (programme and digital campaign)
- Help with the preparation of material before events and the follow-up of events afterwards (reports, monitoring, feedback from affiliates & partners)
Mission 2: Assistance on Sustainability & Responsibility
- Assist and support the team on the implementation of the regional S&R strategy
- Prepare in depth analysis on specific S&R topics
- Desk research on S&R
- Assist in the coordination with the different departments of the Regional HQ
- Assist in the preparation of meeting
Mission 3: Assistance to EMEA affiliates on sustainability and responsibility and public affairs/alcohol policy
Mission 4: Organization of corporate events (internal and external)
The must have :
- Master’s in Business School or University, specialization in corporate social responsibility/ Communications / Public Affairs/Public policies/environment/legal/political science
- High interest for the societal and sustainability questions
- Excellent writing skills are required
- Digital proficiency in Microsoft office software, photoshop & InDesign mastering is indispensable
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Very organized, team player, autonomous in execution, synthetic, analytical and wiling to receive feedback and improve
- Fluency in English
- Previous experience in Corporate social responsibility and Communications in a large consumer goods company is a plus
- French & Spanish highly appreciated.
- Good knowledge of communication tools and methods
- Good knowledge of and insights into the European and International political environment
Pernod Ricard is the No.2 worldwide producer of wines and spirits with consolidated sales of €8,448 million in FY20.
Created in 1975 by the merger of Ricard and Pernod, the Group has developed through organic growth and acquisitions: Seagram (2001), Allied Domecq (2005) and Vin&Sprit (2008). Pernod Ricard, which owns 16 of the Top 100 Spirits Brands, holds one of the most prestigious and comprehensive brand portfolios in the industry, including: Absolut Vodka, Ricard pastis, Ballantine’s, Chivas Regal, Royal Salute, and The Glenlivet Scotch whiskies, Jameson Irish whiskey, Martell cognac, Havana Club rum, Beefeater gin, Malibu liqueur, Mumm and Perrier-Jouët champagnes, as well Jacob’s Creek, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo, and Kenwood wines.
Pernod Ricard’s brands are distributed across 160+ markets and by its own salesforce in 73 markets. The Group’s decentralised organisation empowers its 19,000 employees to be true on-the-ground ambassadors of its vision of “Créateurs de Convivialité.” As reaffirmed by the Group’s strategic plan, “Transform and Accelerate,” deployed in 2018, Pernod Ricard’s strategy focuses on investing in long-term, profitable growth for all stakeholders.
The Group remains true to its three founding values: entrepreneurial spirit, mutual trust, and a strong sense of ethics, as illustrated by the 2030 Sustainability and Responsibility roadmap supporting the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), “Good times from a good place.” In recognition of Pernod Ricard’s strong commitment to sustainable development and responsible consumption, it has received a Gold rating from Ecovadis.
Pernod Ricard is also a United Nation’s Global Compact LEAD company.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-04