ViiV Government Relations Director (South Region)
*This role will cover the South Region of the US. Strong preference is for this person to be based out of TX.
The Government Relations Director will work closely as HIV subject matter expert with, and compliment the work of, the GSK Government Affairs Directors in multiple states, lobbying to ensure adequate funding for HIV treatment as well as open access to all HIV medicines in the state contracted managed health plans. Duties will include analyzing the developing local, state, and federal policy recommendations for their impact on ViiV, developing appropriate strategies to achieve results that support the company’s objectives, and implementing strategies by working with external coalitions and cross functionally with ViiV Field Sales Team, Regional Payer colleagues, and the home office staff.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
•Monitor the external environment in the states to identify and understand important emerging policy trends and key stakeholders that will have an impact on policy, commercial and corporate goals.
•Work cross-functionally by advising and supporting the VP, Market Access, GSK Director(s) Government Relations, ViiV Field sales leadership, Legal, and key internal stakeholders on the establishment and maintenance of appropriate relationships with key organizations and their leaders at the local, state, and regional levels.
•Create, maintain, execute, and evaluate state level strategic plans to achieve ViiV’s company goals.
•Build and sustain relationships with and solicit support from key coalition partners and non-profit organizations to align and achieve outcomes that support ViiV’s company objectives.
•Develop and manage a cross-matrix team to support state or regional initiatives.
•Monitor and analyze policy trends and their impact on ViiV products.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors Degree
- 10 plus years of HIV policy experience
- 5 plus years of government affairs, including access to medical care & treatment
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- 10 Years of pharmaceutical to include 3-5 years payer account management or First Line Leader sales management experience.
- Prefer the candidate to be located in Texas as the position is for the South region and Texas is a priority state.
- Masters Degree
- 5 years HIV knowledge and experience
- Ability to work collaboratively in a matrix environment.
- Understanding of current healthcare policy related to HIV care
- A historical perspective on what has shaped the present-day access and reimbursement landscape
- Experience interacting with local, state, regional, and/or federal officials that demonstrates an ability to align on policy objectives
Why ViiV Healthcare?
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action – a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at ViiV, please contact the ViiV Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
ViiV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
ViiV does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact ViiV’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to ViiV. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and ViiV. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of ViiV. ViiVshall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, ViiV may be required to capture and report expenses ViiV incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure ViiV’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit ViiV’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-11