Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that’s meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That’s why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
- Oversee corporate policy, standards and parties regarding communications. Ensure that plans, programs and messages are coordinated and align with Republic’s overall goals and objectives.
- Serve as chief company spokesperson and communications counselor to senior management, providing proactive and strategic and issues management guidance and leading Republic’s response in high-stakes matters that could impact Republic’s interest.
- Drive public relations strategies and tactics that support corporate-related areas, such as corporate image, brand management, reputation management, media relations, etc.
- Oversee the development of a philanthropic foundation for corporate giving. Establish strategic alliances for corporate giving to support the community and position Republic as a key participant in the philanthropic community.
- Lead the development of issues management as well as crisis planning and implementation. Keep the CEO and CMO advised on all issues affecting the brand and company’s reputation.
- Work with internal marketing partners to send clear brand messaging across all marketing and communications channels.
- Prepare and produce annual Sustainability Report.
- Working in close coordination with Investor Relations, prepare annual report, quarterly earnings reports and Annual Meeting. Advise leadership team on primary messaging.
- Minimum 15 years of progressive leadership experience in public relations and community relations. Experience with government affairs and investor relations. Marketing experience is a definite plus.
- Strong track record of strategic decision-making and tactical execution.
- Demonstrated record of success within a company or organization that has gone through significant cultural change and implemented a successful change management program.
- Experience in producing an Annual Report and Sustainability Report.
- Demonstrated ability to create and oversee large corporate meetings and events.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others across business units, functional department, geographies and disciplines.
- Experience working collaboratively with communities, trade associations, environmental groups, government agencies, not-for-profit organizations and the media.
- Ability to effectively create and nurture relationships with external stakeholders including media contacts and government officials.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Job posted: 2020-12-16