As the world’s leading augmented reality (AR) company, we see a future where our technology paves the way for new entertainment experiences, advanced robotics, and scaled adaptive computing. Furthermore, our games are where we incubate some of our most audacious thinking. Telling this story requires an expert communication style, and adept partnership with executives, the press, and key internal and external partners. We are looking for a VP of Communications to lead this charge.
You will be playing a critical leadership role where you’ll be responsible for the strategy, ongoing development, and coordination of all consumer, business, and public relations (PR) activities. You will improve the company image to all developers, players, investors, and our own internal team. You will liaise directly with the CEO, COO, CMO, and other executives, and be the face of Niantic to journalists. You will build strategic PR networks in the communities where we operate. In leading the Niantic communications team, you’ll steer the narrative for a dynamic global audience of tens-of-millions of users, using external media relations and internal communications that reflect the spirit of our mission.
- You will develop and implement a strategic global communications plan to support Niantic’s corporate brand, product brands, and policy positions.
- You will partner with executive management at Niantic in developing our PR strategy.
- Craft messaging and talking points as needed to articulate corporate vision and values.
- Build a plan for crisis communication and act as the organization’s public information officer in the event of a crisis event.
- You will advise executive management about significant trends, shareholder concerns, and competitor actions that may impact the company.
- Act as corporate spokesperson responsible for protecting the integrity and reputation of the organization.
- Work with HR to create an internal communications plan that communicates our company mission and values.
- Plan all press events, brand and launch events to drive awareness and coverage.
- Utilize social media to generate publicity and help grow our overall social media presence for our company and our brands.
- Work with key cross-functional partners to strategize, develop, and execute all outreach around all company brands.
- Track coverage and measure overall efforts. Deliver comprehensive reports monthly.
- You have 20+ years of relevant experience, with an emphasis in PR and media relations.
- You can hone a narrative from multiple views to one. You provide PR output that is aligned with our corporate vision, with a vision that is compelling and builds a sense of ownership and urgency.
- You are able to continually and effectively prepare the organization for the future while maintaining current success and motivation.
- You have the ability to “see ahead” and steer us on communications rather than operate reactively as a default.
- You demonstrate appropriate attention to the customer (internal or external).
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We’re a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg and Zurich.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-25