Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Responsible for the development, integration, implementation, and ROI analysis of a broad range of public relations, internal communications and Outreach activities to increase positive brand awareness of Air Methods, drive incremental growth and ensure effective internal communications among teammates. Works closely with executive leadership team to build and refine the short and long-term strategic plans for growth. Leads the execution of strategic initiatives for communication.
Core Responsibilities for all jobs at this level:
- In-depth understanding of the strategic company plan through collaboration, alignment of goals, objectives and work performance
- Proactive strategy development for a functional discipline / strategic development of long term policy
- Accountable for and leads the development, implementation and success of functional or departmental strategic initiatives
- Accountable for P&L for the communication department
- Autonomy to act and make decisions within financially guidelines and / or company policy
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
- Direct and develop an organization’s communications policies and objectives. Oversees and designs communications plans for specific products, services, or business lines.
- Review changes in the healthcare and aviation industries and create and recommend communications strategy to the senior executive leadership.
- Monitor and assess development of new communications tools, technologies (digital), tactics, and strategies and bring best practices and innovations to Air Methods.
- Lead, along with the VP of Marketing, the development of a brand architecture and strategy for the Air Methods family of brands.
- Work with Government Affairs team to create coordinated and complementary strategies for engaging with local community leadership.
- Create functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the Communications Department including budgeting, planning and staff development
- Manage Air Methods external partners for PR, Outreach etc. including setting priorities, staying on budget and more.
- Oversee and direct strategy for Outreach (crew-based marketing) efforts.
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization, working with leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions.
- Exercise judgment to prioritize media opportunities, and prepare talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material as needed
- Actively engage, cultivate, and manage press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects
- Prepare executive reports on communications strategies and results as requested
- Other duties as assigned
Additional job requirements:
- Regular scheduled attendance
- Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling: 20%
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
Directly supervises employees in the Communications and Outreach department. Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, selecting, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems. For Exempt Managers: Managers that carry out these responsibilities for two or more employees will have significant input in hiring and termination decisions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and fifteen or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master’s Degree in Business (MBA) preferred
- Highly experienced in both tactical and strategic business objectives
- In-depth understanding of the area of responsibility to contribute to a wider range of business issues
- Experience in the healthcare industry
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of collaboration at all levels.
- Ability to manage budgets and measure results
- Read and interpret data to make business decisions and prioritize actions
- Demonstrates high critical thinking, reasoning skills, and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to multi-task efficiently and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Builds partnerships with related departments or functions to enhance efficiency and execution
- Contributes to business sustained growth through leadership and functional expertise
- Initiates, leads and evaluates implementation for functional programs across major business areas
- Advanced with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- $118,450- $151,000
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-27