VP, Communications and Public Affairs
About the team
Zillow introduced the Zestimate in 2006 and has risen to become the largest real estate destination in the U.S. This past decade we’ve become the destination for people in various stages of home – from buyers, sellers, renters, borrowers — to conduct research and connect with professionals who can help them on their journey. Over the past year, Zillow Group has moved beyond our “search and find” marketplace into the $1 trillion real estate transaction market.
We pride ourselves on our culture, and our unwavering focus on our mission. We celebrate the successes of our team members and embrace our failures as opportunities to learn. We believe that creativity and innovation are key to success. We are committed to delivering on ambitious goals and you will help us get there.
About the role
We are a team of Communication professionals, helping Zillow with this groundbreaking journey! We are responsible for crafting events and running external communications. We work with teams across the company in a fast-paced, nimble environment on projects tied to significant company initiatives! Reporting to the newly built role of Chief Corporate Relations Officer and will be a leader among leaders in the company, building out and leading a high performing essential communications team and will serve as a trusted advisor to the CEO and other senior executives. Are you intrigued?
Who you are
A strategic executive who is excited by fast-growing and rapidly changing environments. Shown consistency in navigating change and handling reputation across multiple partner groups in a large and growing public company.
- An engaged leader and mentor for a cross-functional team of Corporate Communications, Crisis and Issues Management, Strategic/Financial Media, Consumer PR, Executive Communications, Editorial Public Affairs professionals.
- A sought-after advisor to the C-suite, providing essential communications and reputation management counsel.
- Develop and drive creative and impactful organization-wide communications strategy, planning and measurement working in close collaboration with senior leaders across the organization.
- Partner with Government Relations, Investor Relations, as well as marketing and business leaders to ensure Zillow’s business is well-understood and well-perceived.
- You will craft authentic and meaningful messaging that clearly articulates the company’s vision and commitments to key partners, particularly consumers, employees, investors, industry partners and our communities.
- Develop and partner with Marketing in creative communications programs that bring the Zillow brand to life, build awareness and drive consumer engagement and top-of-funnel demand.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of Zillow Group’s businesses, industry dynamics and financial reporting — and articulate to media, employees, shareholders, and other audiences.
- Collaborate and work closely with Investor Relations and Financial Communications team to build context for financial results, M&A and other material announcements.
- Work with executives to identify business objectives and ensure continual alignment of communications team priorities with business priorities that deliver business impact and measurable results.
- Lead reputational issues and threats through sound communications plans and strategies.
- Handle relationships with outside agency partners.
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web. We are on a mission to rewire the real estate transaction and are building transformational tools and services that make it easier for everyone to find and get into a home they love. We are working to create an on-demand real estate transaction experience for every stage of the home lifecycle — for buyers, sellers, renters and borrowers – and we’re well on our way. No matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality for millions of people.
At Zillow Group, we’re powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly’s Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-12