Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
VP, Corporate Communications
Mitchell is a full-service public relations firm and the flagship PR agency within the Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) – one of the fastest growing agency networks in the world.
The Vice President of Corporate Communications is responsible for providing strategic counsel and supporting agency leadership as a member of a team that serves agency and DAN clients in earned media, social media, thought leadership and executive visibility, internal communications/employee engagement, crisis and issues management, corporate social responsibility, media/speaker training and general corporate affairs. This position, which reports to the Corporate Communications Practice EVP, actively engages in successful communications strategies for clients, building and fostering client relationships, new business development and successful team development. The VP, Corporate Communications will:
· Help oversee Corporate Communications practice portfolio including managing strategy, planning, direction and coordination of all client deliverables.
· Drive operational excellence within the practice to achieve revenue, profit and other financial targets set for the business.
· Oversee and champion all aspects of client services for the Corporate Communications practice, including championing and ensuring best-in-class services for optimum client experiences.
· Oversee high-level relations with all clients, including overall client satisfaction and management of expectations to ensure work is completed on strategy, on time and within budget. Build and maintain senior-level relations with clients.
· Provide high-level public relations counsel and guidance, based on solid understanding of client business across industry sectors.
· Provides support, management, direction and guidance to Corporate Communications team members, agency teammates and Dentsu network colleagues.
· New business cultivation – identifying opportunities, assisting with pitching our agency to prospective clients, collaborating with new business team on preparation of pitch materials and securing the win!
· Provides strategic brand reputation counsel for clients across the agency and DAN.
· Mentors staff members and monitors and manages direct reports’ development, career paths, performance reviews and hiring.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required; preferred areas: communications, public relations, journalism or related field.
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience in public relations for complex organizations.
· Experience in corporate communications, internal communications, employee engagement, corporate social responsibility, thought leadership, executive positioning, issues/crisis management, media relations, media training, C-level exposure and community relations required.
· Social media strategy and content capabilities for business/B2B/thought leadership and executive visibility required.
· Sector/client experience in healthcare strongly preferred.
· Sector/client experience across multiple major industries preferred.
· Prior agency experience preferred.
· Proven leadership ability – managed a team while exhibiting values-based leadership practices.
· Comfortable in a very fast-paced and changing environment.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to lead and work well in a respectful team environment.
· Reliable, deadline and detail oriented.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Outstanding presentation and public speaking presence.
Mitchell believes in valuing our team members and puts their wellbeing and development at the forefront. As a team, we recognize how hard our partners work and therefore do our part to ensure they feel recognized and celebrated for their efforts through key incentives including competitive salaries, an excellent benefit package, 401(k) programs, promotion and reimbursement for continued education, paid time off for community service, “perks” such as gym membership discounts and pet insurance. You take care of our clients, and we know it’s our job to take care of YOU.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Mitchell/Dentsu (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact email@example.com if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-05-01