VP, Corporate Communications
Xerox is in the midst of its biggest transformation, transforming from a printer company to one that is increasingly providing software and services and investing in new intelligent workplace technologies such as AI and 3D. The company’s new leadership team is focused on creating a dynamic environment that will allow the right executive to work on a myriad of interesting and challenging topics and issues. Given all the change in the company, communicating regularly with the public, investors and employees globally is critical to renewing Xerox’s history of innovation and community.
The VP, Corporate Communications will report to the Chief Communications and Brand Officer, and will oversee Employee Engagement and External Relations. This is a global role that has responsibility for overseeing strategic communications to the CCO and other senior leaders, supporting a strong corporate brand and developing a proactive, strategic communications program that will energize employees and put Xerox back on the map externally.
Accountabilities for the role
• Serve as a key advisor to the CCO and other senior executives
• Helps define communications priorities and leads a team of high-performing professionals who develop messaging, plans and creative tactics to advance Xerox’s goals and objectives
• Shape the external profile and reputation of Xerox as a leader in workplace technologies. Together with colleagues across the company, the VP Corporate Communications directs both daily media and industry analyst activities as well as helping shape the longer-term brand and reputation strategy.
• Develop an internal communications strategy, with a focus on building trust and connection with employees around the world. This includes driving engagement through innovative approaches and tools as well as high-quality storytelling that keeps employees informed about what’s happening at Xerox.
• Manages communications with stakeholders to ensure there is cohesive, consistent messaging and communications aimed at employees to influence and drive engagement.
• Promote, maintain and defend corporate reputation; build proactive strategies and execute rapid response to time sensitive messaging.
• Lead & inspire global and local communications team to exemplary performance and contribution to the business goals.
• Enhancing the digital presence of the company, and partners with marketing, digital and social media teams.
• 15+ years in an executive role leading / managing the Communications function for a large international organization developing and implementing successful and comprehensive communication plans, marketing and public affairs programs at a large complex enterprise.
• Significant understanding of today’s media environment, including the effective use of digital and social platforms.
• Focus on results, not activity
• Ability to influence and communicate strategic initiatives to senior executives
• Keen understanding of technology landscape on global and local level
• The individual must have excellent writing and oral communications skills, a strong sense of collaboration, focused discipline on critical priorities, a drive for results and operate with a great deal of empowerment.
• Ability to produce high-quality, mixed-media communication products which can be delivered through digital and other channels.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-09-09