VP, Director of Government Affairs
The VP, Government Relations will analyze state regulatory and legislative policy impacting property and casualty (P&C) insurance, develop substantive recommendations, and propose strategic priorities that advance and protect Arch’s P&C insurance business objectives and reputation among the various insurance departments as well as the broader stakeholder community including trade associations. Responsible for developing and maintaining broad relationships with the various insurance departments, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, and key trade association personnel. Responsible for tracking, analyzing, and anticipating P&C insurance developments and trends, helping developing Arch’s policy perspective, and communicating that to policymakers and other influencers as appropriate and consistent with the strategy. This may include the drafting of talking points, policy memoranda, comment letters, or other advocacy content.
- Proactively Monitor and research legislation of importance to Arch’s business and lines of authority and keeping Arch informed;
- Identify political, legislative and regulatory risks and opportunities;
- Develop and execute strategic plans and solutions to recognize policy risks and opportunities, define, protect and advance Arch’s objectives and reputation;
- Arranging meetings and interactions between Arch, legislators, and regulators;
- Joining and establishing coalitions; and
- Collaborate with marketing on public relations activity and communication plans. Shape and deliver strategies critical to Arch;
- Develop a deep understanding of Arch P&C insurance products, services, and business strategy to effectively advocate for Arch’s interests.
- Extensive working knowledge and experience with state legislative and insurance department personnel and processes
- Proven advocacy skills, including demonstrated analytical abilities and strong oral and written communication
- Demonstrated knowledge of the P&C insurance business
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on internal and external
- Demonstrated, high-level, and effective interpersonal skills, including ability to establish and maintain a broad range of effective working relationships.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to follow through
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products including Excel, Outlook, Word and Power Point; familiarity with and high level of comfort using remote access tools (VPN) and other web-based tools.
Bachelor’s Degree in political science, public policy, public relations or a related field. Law degree or relevant advanced degree preferred. Requires extensive knowledge of mortgage industry/markets and 5-10 years of professional experience in the state government and/or federal government relations/public affairs.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-05