Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
VP, Federal Regulatory Affairs
Purpose of Position
Represent all energy-related Berkshire Hathaway Energy business platforms before Congress, the Executive Branch, and independent bodies like the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. Provide information and analysis of related initiatives for Berkshire Hathaway Energy executives and managers.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Represent Berkshire Hathaway Energy before Congress and Executive Branch officials and agencies. Coordinate contacts between Berkshire Hathaway Energy executives and federal officials, including Federal Energy Regulatory (FERC) Commissioners.
- Monitor all developments at FERC and assist in evaluating initiatives involving Congress and the Executive Branch of federal government, disseminate information to Berkshire Hathaway Energy executives and managers and assist in the development of corporate policies related to regulation and legislation.
- Draft and present testimony, letters, speeches and policy papers for Berkshire Hathaway Energy.
- Serve as primary liaison with federal economic regulators involving forBerkshire Hathaway Energy, working with the company’s business and regulatory leads to achieve company and customer goals.
- Serve as primary liaison with other energy companies on regulatory issues, activities with other Berkshire Hathaway subsidiaries, as well as activities with industry trade associations.
- Coordinate with the BHE vice president legislative affairs on outreach to Congressional members, committees, and staff. Assist the leadership of Berkshire Hathaway Energy executive political action committee, participate in the development of the budget for executive political action committee and attend fundraising activities as necessary.
- Participate in policy coalitions to promote Berkshire Hathaway Energy views on priority issues.
- Represent Berkshire Hathaway Energy on regulatory issues at meetings of Edison Electric Institute, American Gas Association, Americans for a Clean Energy Grid, American Council on Renewable Energy, American Clean Power Association and other trade associations.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science or related field, along with extensive knowledge of legislative and political processes.
- Juris doctorate preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability to summarize and communicate complex information related to Berkshire Hathaway Energy’s corporate activities and priorities to federal regulators and policy makers.
- Ability to provide accurate and timely descriptions and analysis of federal legislative and regulatory activities related to Berkshire Hathaway Energy’s organizational needs.
- Ability to represent Berkshire Hathaway Energy before regulators and federal policy makers in a manner which enhances their perception of the company and its business activities.
- Ability to create detailed plans, manage complex projects, prioritize multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate activities with multiple internal constituencies.
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without an accommodation.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job posted: 2022-07-25