VP, Federal Relations
VP, Federal Relations
Join a member-driven leader in a fast-paced, challenging and collaborative environment with the shared mission of supporting America’s network of rural electric cooperatives. Since its formation in 1969, National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation, or CFC, located in Dulles, Virginia, has provided capital and industry-leading financial products to more than 900 not-for-profit, consumer-controlled utility systems across the United States. Our exceptional team delivers the “CFC Difference” that encompasses our values of service, integrity and excellence in all our interactions.
CFC has a need for a VP, Federal Relations in the CRG – Federal Relations group. In this position you will have the opportunity to liaison with the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) on legislative matters of importance to CFC and affiliated organizations and provide representation where needed. In addition you will be responsible for advancing CFC’s and affiliated organizations’ position with regulatory and executive agencies.
As a VP, Federal Relations, you will:
• Coordinate closely with the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association on legislative issues of importance to National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation (CFC) and its affiliates National Cooperative Services Corporation (NCSC) and Rural Telephone Finance Cooperative (RTFC).
• Monitor regulatory and legislative matters of interest and develops strategies and prepared comment to advance positions with certain regulatory and executive agencies.
• Work with subject matter experts to develop financial, economic and related materials to support legislative and regulatory efforts.
• Develop relationships and collaborates across a broad coalition of rural and ag-focused associations and stakeholders.
• Provide regulatory support and legislative representation.
To be successful, you will need:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Master’s or law degree preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of regulatory, legislative or related experience required.
• Federal relations/Capitol Hill experience required.
• Focus on agriculture and rural issues, with emphasis on utility, credit and finance preferred.
• Expert ability to analyze regulatory and legislative proposals.
• Keen understanding and interest in politics and policy.
• Significant knowledge of the regulatory and congressional process, USDA and financial issues.
• Expert ability to prepare and deliver written and verbal analysis.
• Expert MS Office skills and abilities.
• Expert ability to think strategically and creatively.
• Significant sense of professionalism, judgment, tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
• Expert verbal and written communication skills.
• Expert presentation skills.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes short-term and long-term incentive opportunities; an employer-paid pension plan; 401(k); medical, dental and vision insurance; a generous leave policy; onsite gym; and more—all in a friendly, professional work environment. For additional information, please visit our website at www.nrucfc.coop.
CFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Job posted: 2021-01-04