VP, Global Government Affairs
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our dedication to people, innovation, tenacity, partnership, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and collaboration while supporting our global community.
As the Vice-President of Global Government Affairs you will be responsible for managing and overseeing Micron’s global government affairs operations and the development and execution of Micron’s public policy agenda.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing and implementing Micron’s global public policy agenda and strategy in conjunction with the VP of Government Affairs, Greater China and multiple Directors of Government Affairs and Public Affairs
- Ensuring the establishment, development, and maintenance of effective working relationships with federal lawmakers, United States government agencies in Washington, D.C., and in locations in which Micron has a strong presence
- Understanding Micron’s global businesses in order to effectively identify, develop, and advocate company positions and interests
- Driving Micron’s brand, policy needs, and political agenda with global governments
- Managing governmental affairs in multiple states across the country, which includes establishing, developing, and maintaining effective working relationships with state lawmakers
- Managing Micron’s outside government-relations consultants and working effectively with trade associations, coalitions, and lobbying firms
- Supporting Micron’s thought leadership team to increase global awareness of Micron
- Working closely with Micron’s senior management to develop policy positions and strategy
- Overseeing Micron’s Political Action Committee (PAC) and PAC Board, including fundraising, development, and political-giving activities
- Ensuring Micron’s compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and disclosures relating to political engagement
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working with elected officials, legislative/regulatory leaders, and staff in substantive policy areas (technology industry experience preferred)
- Demonstrated success in influencing decision-makers, thinkers, and policy-makers locally, regionally, nationally, and globally
- Effective relationship-building and collaboration skills
- Experience and demonstrated success in organizing, leading, and managing a diverse team
- Proven ability in the development, management, and advocacy of policies and positions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact with Micron senior management
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Graduate Degree strongly recommended.
As the leader in creative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to use the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and improve communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center / Activity rooms (Boise only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-02-13