Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
VP Government Affairs
View, Inc. (NASDAQ: VIEW) is on a mission to transform buildings to improve human health and address climate change.
We started by revitalizing something that hasn’t changed for centuries—the everyday window—and in doing so, built the technology foundation for responsive buildings that are more experiential, more human-centric, and more energy-efficient.
View Smart Windows use artificial intelligence to automatically adjust in response to the sun, eliminating the need for blinds and increasing access to natural light and outdoor views, while improving thermal comfort. They also transform into transparent displays for remote collaboration, internet browsing and more—and come with a cloud-connected smart building platform that can easily be extended to improve indoor cellular coverage, enhance building security, and completely reimagine the occupant experience.
The impact of our products is profound. View buildings consume 20% less energy for lighting and HVAC, and research has shown that employees working next to View Smart Windows experience half as many headaches, enjoy 37 more minutes of sleep per night, and are significantly more productive. Organizations around the world—including Google, Netflix, Uber, Walmart, Stanford Health Care, and many others—have already installed our products. And we are just getting started!
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are committed to our culture. We actively use our culture in how we conduct business.
- Safety First
- Customer Centric
- Learning Oriented
- Drive for Excellence
- Communicate Directly
- Succeed as a Team
We are seeking an experienced Government Affairs professional to drive View’s engagement with federal, state, and local agencies. The role will nurture our partnerships with members of governmental agencies to support View’s growth and the broader development of the Smart Window industry. This includes advocating for ongoing regulatory and legislative efforts and building trade association and industry coalitions to support policy issues and business priorities. It is preferred the candidate is based in Washington D.C.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws affecting the clean technology industry and real estate; ability to manage relationship with governmental agencies that impact View’s business operations
- Ability to build a diverse coalition and drive internal and external stakeholders towards a common objective
- Ownership mindset – passion to roll up sleeves, get things done, and deliver amazing results in a hyper growth environment
- Excellent program management abilities; excels in simultaneously managing multiple projects and priorities
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in public speaking roles
- Ability to impact decisions within and outside the organization
- Highly motivated with keen attention to detail
- Passion for learning and the ability to comprehend difficult and varied topics quickly
- Require a university degree; higher level education such as a Masters, PhD, or certifications is desirable
- 10+ years of experience in government affairs or in government roles (D.C. preferred)
- Direct government experience and/or experience bridging between private and public on policy issues
- Bachelors degree required: higher level education such as a Masters, PhD, or certifications desirable
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-11-14