VP, Government Affairs
We’re SmileDirectClub, and we believe everyone deserves a smile they’ll love. We also believe that you deserve a job you’ll love. Good thing you found us, and we found you. At SmileDirectClub, we’re all about empowering transformation. We want people to become more confident in how they look, how they feel, and how they think. So we’re spreading smiles and positivity all over the country.
It’s no small task. That’s why we’re looking for energetic, passionate, and confident team members who can help turn frowns, into life-changing grins. Are you up for it?
- Working with a disruptive company in opposing legislation designed to prohibit such disruption
- Working with lobbyists and legislators in establishing and implementing a lobbying strategy – both proactive and response
- Appearing in front of state and federal governmental agencies
- Understands and articulates in a compelling way the Company position on key legislative issues.
- Shapes and influences legislative programs and other critical business issues in alignment with Company goals and objectives.
- Establishes constructive relationships with elected and appointed officials on a federal, state and local level and invests considerable time and energy in prioritized networking activity.
- Prepares communications to key stakeholders (employees, public officials, etc.) to communicate pertinent issues (legislative, Company investment projects, business change, etc.)
- Apprises senior management relative to pertinent legislative issues and other external factors that could affect the business.
- Works cooperatively with affiliated industry, trade or consumer groups to accomplish company goals and benefit customers.
- Tracks and monitors legislation and agency rules that could affect the company.
It will really make us smile if you have…
- 10+ years of experience in government relations and crisis reflexes.
- Fast-paced corporate/agency work preferred.
- Experience in national lobbying efforts required
- Health care or dental industry experience a plus
- International experience in lobbying efforts a plus
- Understands healthcare and telehealth on the lobbying front and legislative front
- Experience in working with PR teams on strategy and implementation
- Ability to travel >50%
Benefits of joining the club:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with match
- Aligner and Whitening Benefit
- Collaborative work environment and positive culture
SmileDirectClub was founded on a simple belief: everyone deserves a smile they love. The Company is the first digital brand for straightening your smile, created after the realization that recent trends in 3D printing and telehealth could bring about disruptive change to the invisible aligner market by matching licensed professionals, a quality clear-aligner product, and customers together. By leveraging proprietary, cutting-edge technology, SmileDirectClub, LLC-affiliated dentists are providing greater access of care to consumers who couldn’t otherwise afford orthodontic treatment to get a better smile.
Learn more here
Who We Are: https://vimeo.com/284966502
Job posted: 2019-08-12