Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
- Represents Prisma Health at state legislatures and in Congress to support or oppose legislation, lobbying for funding and raise awareness about the organization.
- Meets with elected officials and their staff to advocate organization’s position on important issues, develops policy initiatives, provides feedback about potential new laws and regulations, and discusses issues facing healthcare.
- Communicates with other government representatives, public worker unions, the media, and the public.
- Develops reports and updates Prisma Health Executives on policy development.
- Education – Bachelor’s Degree – Public relations, communication, journalism, business or related field
- Juris Doctorate degree is preferred but not required.
- Experience – 10 years – Experience working with South Carolina General Assembly is essential. Will also consider experience in private lobbying.
Other Required Knowledge/Skills/Experience:
- Comprehensive understanding of legislative process, a thorough understanding of the healthcare industry and strong lobbying skills – Required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – Required
- Outgoing personality, ability to multi-task and make quick decisions – Required
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.
Prisma Health is the largest not-for-profit health organization in South Carolina, serving more than 1.2 million patients annually. Our 32,000 team members are dedicated to supporting the health and well-being of you and your family.
Our promise is to: Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-20