VP, Government Affairs
As a key leader within NBCUniversal’s Government Affairs Team, The Vice President, Government Affairs will be responsible for managing State and Local Government Affairs, Public Policy Initiatives and External Affairs across the NBCUniversal portfolio. The position will report to the SVP, Head of Global Production External Affairs and State and Local Government and require close collaboration with specialist teams in New York, London, Los Angeles and Miami. The individual will work closely with internal and external constituents to identify and pursue opportunities to advance policy objectives of NBCUniversal and to protect and promote our business interests across the company’s various operating units.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, coordinate and implement the legislative and regulatory advocacy efforts to support NBCUniversal’s business interests in the United States working closely with Comcast government affairs.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with relevant government officials, legislative offices, industry partners and thought leaders in the United States in order to influence public discourse in support of company interests.
- Build strong relationships with internal business leaders, working pro-actively to keep them well-informed about political, legislative and regulatory developments impacting NBCUniversal’s business activities in the United States.
- Provide leadership and oversight in initiating projects that will positively impact the company’s relationship with policymakers.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to ensure message discipline and policy consistency.
- Represent the company and advance its policy interests in relevant trade associations and advocacy groups.
- Develop outreach strategies to further awareness of the NBCUniversal brand amongst state and local policymakers and third-party groups in the United States.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
•Minimum of 10 years of government relations or public affairs management experience in the United States.
•Must have knowledge of state and local government legislative and regulatory processes.
•Strong, pre-existing relationships and credibility with government entities and third parties in the United States.
•Previous lobbying experience.
•Demonstrated experience developing and successfully advancing policy initiatives.
•Strong executive presence; ability to interact effectively at the highest level of an organization and the savvy to communicate and synthesize complex issues crisply, clearly and convincingly.
•Superior influencing skills and will be able to gain the respect of, and build a rapport with, multiple constituencies, internally and externally.
•Experience within the Entertainment and Media space preferred.
•Excellent communication skills and public speaking ability.
•Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-22