Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
VP of Government Relations
AMAROK (formerly known as Electric Guard Dog) is the Nation’s leader in the commercial and industrial security industry. Our award winning, multi-layered security system relentlessly and reliably stops theft and other criminal activity by guarding our customers’ property and assets 24/7. AMAROK is active in 48 states as well as Canada with more than 4,000 commercial and industrial locations. We are driven by our core values and strive to facilitate a greater sense of purpose in our career opportunities.
The Vice President of Government Relations will lead the Compliance and Government Relations team. This role will assist in managing state and local legislative advocacy for AMAROK and its solutions. The Vice President will develop strategies to secure governmental approvals for AMAROK’s installations in timeframes that meet customer expectations. In addition, they will oversee a team of office-based and field-based employees as well as a network of consultants utilized on as ‘as needed’ basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Advocating company positions before the state and local government agencies through oversight of team members, consultants, and personal activity.
- Analyzing state legislative proposals and advising on needed amendments.
- Analyzing local ordinance activity and advising on needed amendments.
- Monitoring for potential legislative proposals.
- Coordinating public policy advocacy with trade associations and other stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with trade associations
- Working closely with our executive team to align policy messaging and achieve company goals.
- Facilitating the company’s compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Supervising consultants and lobbyists.
- Managing project budgets.
- Managing team of Government Relations Directors and Director of Compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of experience in government agency, corporation, trade association or large national or regional law firm
- Experience in drafting/analyzing legislation.
- Proven ability to design and implement an advocacy strategy for targeted issues.
- Detail-oriented, possess excellent writing, communication, and organization skills, and be able to manage multiple simultaneous assignments with timely deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience as a team manager.
- Must attend numerous in-person meetings and events.
- Ability to be in Columbia, SC office 1-3 weeks per month, as needed.
- Travel within the U.S. and Canada as needed.
Why AMAROK? AMAROK is driven by our companies’ core values. We strive to facilitate a greater sense of purpose in all our career opportunities. Well known for our superior company culture and leadership, our employees also enjoy the following benefits:
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Short & Long-term disability
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Section 125)
- Matching 401K retirement plan
- Career advancement
- Bonus opportunities
- Generous PTO
Our recruiting experience is digital! AMAROK is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-07-08