VP, Government Relations
About the team
At Zillow, we’re on a mission to give people the power to unlock life’s next chapter. Our employees are getting the rare opportunity to craft the most significant moments of people’s lives – redefining how they buy, sell, finance, and rent homes.
Zillow Group houses the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web, and we’re using them to rewire the real estate experience to make it easier for everyone to find and get into a home they love. We are building an on-demand real estate transaction experience for every stage of the home lifecycle — for buyers, sellers, renters and borrowers – and we’re well on our way.
The rules of real estate are evolving and Zillow is at the forefront of innovation, working to deliver an integrated transaction experience for our customers as we partner with industry to modernize rules and regulations. Here’s how you can play a critical role in making this vision a reality for millions of people.
The Zillow Corporate Relations team is seeking a Vice President of Government Relations to lead its Federal relations, state and local relations, public policy and advocacy building teams. This senior leadership role reports to the Chief Corporate Relations Officer and will work closely with the Company’s senior executive team, serving as trusted advisor, collaborator.
About the role
We seek a seasoned government relations executive with experience in a highly regulated sector, and success driving business goals through all-in advocacy campaigns that include policy formulation and lobbying; communications, public affairs, and coalition building.
The Vice President of Government Relations leads a growing, high-performing team of experienced policy, government relations, and community engagement professionals across the country. This role directs all aspects of policy and lobbying strategies designed to improve customer experiences and help achieve business objectives.
This leader will identify and manage external consultants to deliver defined political, policy, and public affairs objectives. Oversight over Zillow’s new and growing Political Action Committee.
Build strategic partnerships with external stakeholders, trade associations and advocacy groups, and industry leaders with vision. Lead all aspects of budget, planning, and campaign/program reporting.
Who you are
- A minimum of 15 years dynamic and progressive experience running and scaling a national/global government relations team – experience in technology, real estate, financial services, lending a plus.
- Experience supervising a political action committee (PAC).
- Strong understanding of and experience with effective public policy, political advocacy, public affairs programs, coalition building, and grassroots campaign management concepts and methods.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, with a focus on effectively assessing opportunities and threats, and a prioritization of focus. An ability to look around the corner, analyze and anticipate developments as well as emerging trends, threats and opportunities.
- As a leader of leaders with a proven track record building positive relationships across all areas of the organization and levels and excellent communications and presentation skills
- Extreme attention to detail, and ability to think big and move fast
- Ability to provide transparency from ambiguity and aim to consensus and action
- Experience analyzing the external environment to anticipate trends in government and policy actions that could impact the company and its business lines
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web. We are on a mission to rewire the real estate transaction and are building transformational tools and services that make it easier for everyone to find and get into a home they love. We are working to create an on-demand real estate transaction experience for every stage of the home lifecycle — for buyers, sellers, renters and borrowers – and we’re well on our way. No matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality for millions of people.
At Zillow Group, we’re powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly’s Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-14